Staffing at a wing encampment?

Started by maurer172, November 24, 2011, 11:02:32 PM

maurer172

I am planning on being staff at the New Mexico Winter Encampment, however I have to write a resume explaining what position I want and why I am best for the job. I don't. Know yet what position I want, I'll go for any position I can get. But what type of things should be put on it? Examples would help. Just things I have done in CAP, or in and out?
Embrace The Suck, Unless the Suck is Obviously Wrong

AngelWings

Quote from: maurer172 on November 24, 2011, 11:02:32 PM
I am planning on being staff at the New Mexico Winter Encampment, however I have to write a resume explaining what position I want and why I am best for the job. I don't. Know yet what position I want, I'll go for any position I can get. But what type of things should be put on it? Examples would help. Just things I have done in CAP, or in and out?
A great friend of mine told me to apply what you know. I apply what I know from CAP into JROTC and what I know from JROTC into CAP all of the time. If you have an experience or are part of something, put it. Just like you were applying for a job at a company or something of the like, put what qualifies you to do the job.

DBlair

Before I can give you a bit of guidance, a few questions...

- Cadet or Senior Member?
- CAP Grade?
- Position in your Squadron?
- What experience do you have in staff/command positions?

Generally speaking, there are certain correlations that are normal between grade and staff position, but much of it depends on your experience thus far in CAP, such as positions you've held, etc.

The resume you'll need to submit will most likely be similar to something you may have submitted for unit or activity staff selection. It should include details about your experience in the program, activities you've attended, training completed, positions you've held, and any external (outside CAP) information that may be relevant, showing your capabilities, possible experience, etc.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander