CAP Discount for Buds Police Supply

Started by KyCAP, July 30, 2011, 02:22:18 PM

KyCAP

All,

I know the owners of Bud'sGunshop.com which operates Budspolicesupply.com

They will allow Civil Air Patrol members to submit their current and valid CAP ID to use as a qualification for LE / Military discount on firearms.

LE / Discount information is here: http://go.hea.biz/capdiscount  Please click on the link to view so that they will know we are serious about the program.

Of course these items are for PERSONAL use and not for use during CAP activities.  Note that a Commercial Pilots license also qualifies.  The discounts are pretty substantial on firearms when you compare Smith and & Wesson LE to Civilian pricing.

Enjoy.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

lordmonar

Talk about timely Postings!

I just opened my account at BUD's and was getting set up to order a gun from him!

Thanks for the info!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

JC004

Outstanding!  Of course, it looks like I'd be eligible through the sheriff's dept too, but still cool.  This is the kind of thing I'd love to see for the benefits stuff.  Did you initiate this?

I haven't ordered firearms from them before but I have heard good things.

Where do I find the LE pricing?  It'd be awesome if it could apply to Springfield firearms toooooooo!  HINT HINT!!  Sig, well, I WISH!

KyCAP

Quote from: JC004 on July 30, 2011, 03:57:42 PMDid you initiate this?

Yes - I know one of the owners and he's been around CAP in various forms for years.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

KyCAP

Quote from: JC004 on July 30, 2011, 03:57:42 PM
Where do I find the LE pricing?

All of the firearms are listed at LE pricing on that site.

Drop the "LE" from part number from Smith and Wesson M & P for example and compare to Budsgunshop.com pricing.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

CAP4117

I'm a little confused. Why do CAP members get a discount on firearms? We don't use them.

Edit: I'm sorry if that came across wrong. I'm not trying to start anything - I'm legitimately curious. What's the thinking behind that?

KyCAP

Quote from: CAP4117 on July 30, 2011, 04:06:16 PM
I'm a little confused. Why do CAP members get a discount on firearms? We don't use them.

Basically because they want to and can is the simplest response (it's not about what you do IN CAP per se), but CAP pilots can carry a firearm in their survival gear when required by law:

http://capmembers.com/media/cms/R900_003_506DC1944BAC9.pdf
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

Eclipse

Quote from: KyCAP on July 30, 2011, 04:32:33 PM...because they want to and can is the simplest response...

And that should be the end of the debate.  It won't be, but it should.  I'm sure the busy-body machine is in full frustration mode on this
one because there's nothing they can do about it.

Thanks for making this happen.  I will definitely stop there first next time and advise my friends both in CAP and in the LE community.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAP4117

Sorry sir. I didn't mean to touch a nerve.  :(

JC004

There's no reason to offer CAP members discounts for any number of things.  It's a thank-you for being a member, not just gear for doing CAP stuff.

It's expensive to be a CAP member.  VERY.  If CAP can get us a discount on cheeseburgers or suits (and they can - Brooks Brothers program would be no problem to set up and it'd be free), it should be done.  We should thank our volunteers at every opportunity.  Plus, the cost of being in CAP DIRECTLY impacts my ability to buy cheeseburgers or suits.

At my organization, among other things, I get my volunteers discounts at restaurants, a credit union membership, and discounts on clothing.  It's just a way of saying THANK YOU for all they do for us and all they give to us.

CAP4117

Ok, that makes sense. I guess I hadn't thought of it from that perspective...

JC004

It's goodwill too.  The one particular restaurant really appreciates all my volunteers who come in.  It's a win-win.  My volunteers appreciate the discounts on lunch and dinner too.  They don't think "this is a silly discount - I don't need a sandwich for my duties."

KyCAP

Quote from: JC004 on July 30, 2011, 03:57:42 PM
Where do I find the LE pricing?  It'd be awesome if it could apply to Springfield firearms toooooooo!  HINT HINT!!  Sig, well, I WISH!

Last year I compared a SIG P239 and it was $98 less on the Police Supply site than BudsGunshop.com.   Also, I believe that most of the LE part numbers come with 3 magazines for duty wear and most civilian packaging only includes 2 ($30 - $40) of additional savings in some instances.   I believe Springfield does have LE pricing, but I haven't been looking at those part numbers.

If in doubt give them a call about it though.   They're spooling up on the new discount.   If anyone seems unfamiliar with the discount when you call tell them to ask "JR" or "Rex".
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

JC004

Outstanding.  It says cash discount.  How do I calculate what it costs to pay by credit card?  I'd have to do that, I guess and have it sent to an FFL here.

KyCAP

Quote from: JC004 on July 30, 2011, 05:40:33 PM
Outstanding.  It says cash discount.  How do I calculate what it costs to pay by credit card?  I'd have to do that, I guess and have it sent to an FFL here.

I've got an email in to figure that out.   Never had to deal with that since I walk up to the counter at their store.   8)
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

JC004

KyCAP

To address the credit card issue...

"We can't accept debit card transactions due to the PIN requirement.  For our best cash discount price you can use E-check, regular check/MO by mail, or GE Money 25 day interest free."

Lots of workable options it appears.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

Spaceman3750

Quote from: KyCAP on July 31, 2011, 12:50:13 AM
To address the credit card issue...

"We can't accept debit card transactions due to the PIN requirement.  For our best cash discount price you can use E-check, regular check/MO by mail, or GE Money 25 day interest free."

Lots of workable options it appears.

Hm. Most debit cards are credit-enabled, if they send them as credit they should go.

KyCAP

On credit though you change from ACH payment network to another and I believe that the cost per transaction is higher which is why the original question was raised.   The merchant usually is absorbing 2 - 3 percent on the purchase for the convenience...
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
Kentucky Wing

Spaceman3750

Quote from: KyCAP on July 31, 2011, 01:03:16 AM
On credit though you change from ACH payment network to another and I believe that the cost per transaction is higher which is why the original question was raised.   The merchant usually is absorbing 2 - 3 percent on the purchase for the convenience...

Ah. In any event, this is a great benefit and I hope our members take advantage of it? You might want to generate an email to NHQ to so that it can be added to the benefits section.