Skirts at Encampment-

Started by Tags, June 28, 2011, 10:43:26 PM

JC004

Quote from: Hawk_Girl on July 09, 2011, 03:39:54 AM
Quote from: Tags on June 28, 2011, 10:43:26 PM
Okay......i am very confused about something.  :P
At my regular squadron meetings i wear the Air Force Blue regulation skirt with regulation blouse, hose, flight cap and black pumps. I am filling out my application form for the 2011 MAWG encampment, and i noticed it does not mention a blues skirt on the Required Equipment List for Cadets......only 'Blues Pants (slacks)'. Is the skirt not allowed at encampment? Will i have to buy pants?

I have been to seven encampments, spanning three different wings, 5 as staff and have either worn a skirt or seen skirts worn at every encampment. You should be good.

3 wings is not enough to know what is required of this particular encampment. 

If a list that says "required" tells you something very specific like that, then you need to confirm that it wasn't simply an oversight and take action from there.  If it was an oversight, they should announce that so people do not buy something they don't need, but if it isn't, you should not be showing up at encampment with something wrong because you assumed it'd be OK based on others' experiences elsewhere in different years.

Hawk_Girl

Quote from: JC004 on July 09, 2011, 04:17:25 AM
Quote from: Hawk_Girl on July 09, 2011, 03:39:54 AM
Quote from: Tags on June 28, 2011, 10:43:26 PM
Okay......i am very confused about something.  :P
At my regular squadron meetings i wear the Air Force Blue regulation skirt with regulation blouse, hose, flight cap and black pumps. I am filling out my application form for the 2011 MAWG encampment, and i noticed it does not mention a blues skirt on the Required Equipment List for Cadets......only 'Blues Pants (slacks)'. Is the skirt not allowed at encampment? Will i have to buy pants?

I have been to seven encampments, spanning three different wings, 5 as staff and have either worn a skirt or seen skirts worn at every encampment. You should be good.

3 wings is not enough to know what is required of this particular encampment. 

If a list that says "required" tells you something very specific like that, then you need to confirm that it wasn't simply an oversight and take action from there.  If it was an oversight, they should announce that so people do not buy something they don't need, but if it isn't, you should not be showing up at encampment with something wrong because you assumed it'd be OK based on others' experiences elsewhere in different years.

I understand that. Which is why I was stating that I have a limited experience, and stated that she "should", not saying that she would without a doubt be.

"The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way." ~ Robert Kiyosaki

CAPC/officer125

I have been to 7 encampments in 3 different wings as well. I have worn a skirt for a majority of them. It all depends on the wing on whether they let you wear skirts. I would highly suggest that you take your pants as well if you decide to take a skirt. Yes, that means one more uniform piece, but that way you don't get balled out for only having the skirt. Also, since this is a summer encampment that you are asking about, you will most likely be having an outdoor pass and review/graduation; I would suggest wearing your pants for this so you not only don't stick out but you will also be a little more comfortable.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

Perez

I just spoke with the MAWG 2011 Cadet XO, skirts are allowed but pants are preferred. Boom, problem solved.
Train hard, train smart, and love life.

cap235629

Quote from: Perez on July 10, 2011, 08:17:23 PM
I just spoke with the MAWG 2011 Cadet XO, skirts are allowed but pants are preferred. Boom, problem solved.

[FILTER SUBVERSION] LIBERALS! Heaven forbid they be feminine! Wait did I just say Heaven?  :D  :D  :D
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

LGM30GMCC

Or it could be a *GASP* preference for uniformity but an understanding of fiscal responsibility and not wanting to make cadets buy pants if they only own the skirt? ZOMG.

Perez

+1 for correct answer there sir.
Train hard, train smart, and love life.

Ron1319

If you're going to wear a skirt, be sure it's the correct length and fits correctly.  My issue with the skirts is that if you're used to seeing everyone wear shirt stays and having shirts pulled down, then the skirt uniform usually looks improperly worn.  Most skirts worn by cadets are also the wrong size.
Ronald Thompson, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander, Squadron 85, Placerville, CA
PCR-CA-273
Spaatz #1319