SAREX....the boardgame

Started by jpizzo127, April 07, 2011, 01:54:51 PM

jpizzo127

Before I even start, has this been done already?

I'm developing a self contained board game that can be used as a prepackaged table-top SAREX.

I'm making it a little more fun than a regular table-top but 100% designed to be a learning experience for Flight Crews, Ground Teams, and Base Staff.

One of the tasks teams have to complete is to answer trivia questions based on CAP's Emergency Services Qualifications for example:

The primary role of the Mission Observer is:

or

Each Ground team member is required to carry how much water on thier person per 24 hour period?

A correct answer earns the team a clue or an extra search sortie, etc. I've not worked that out yet.

However, I could use lists of questions and answers if anyone has some. I don't care if they are AC, GT, etc. Otherwise, I'll start scavenging CAPNHQ.

Also, any good ideas will be incorporated into the game. I'll be happy to share the whole thing with anyone who wants it once it's done.

Thoughts?

JOSEPH PIZZO, Captain, CAP

JoeTomasone

Nothing helpful, but my brain immediately started concocting amusing "Chance" and "Community Chest" cards for a Sarex-opoly.    >:D

"Wing error on your 108 in your favor.. Collect 30 cents."

"New Uniforms!   Pay CAP $200."

"Get Out Of IG Inquiry Free!"

...etc...

Spaceman3750

Quote from: JoeTomasone on April 07, 2011, 02:06:39 PM
Nothing helpful, but my brain immediately started concocting amusing "Chance" and "Community Chest" cards for a Sarex-opoly.    >:D

"Wing error on your 108 in your favor.. Collect 30 cents."

"Get Out Of IG Inquiry Free!"

...etc...

"A local approaches you with a shotgun in hand mubling about how he hates the 'gumminit'. Run like hell back to the van, do not pass go, do not collect $200."

Al Sayre

Mission Observer cannot work radios  to communicate with Mission Base.  Go back 5 spaces.

Comm Unit Leader more interested in playing with radios than in actually communicating your message to anyone.  Lose 1 turn.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

HGjunkie

New ground team member develops blisters on his feet due to cheap Chinese boots. Go back 3 spaces.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

NIN

Quote from: JoeTomasone on April 07, 2011, 02:06:39 PM

"Promotion finally comes thru, pay Vanguard $200"
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

HGjunkie

Promotion comes through, loose 3 turns waiting for vanguard shipment to come in.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

JROB

Observer gets sick in the plane after lunch, loose a turn
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

lordmonar

CAP institutes new "safety" policy....loose 2 turns.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Al Sayre

Finance Officer caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  Go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass Go, do not collect next 5 CAPF 108 reimbursements submitted.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Ryan

"Stalled train blocks only road to the other side of train, wait 3 turns"
Actually happened.
Ryan Erskine
C/Lt Col, ALWG

Robborsari

I think its a great idea.  There could be a lot of good training info in a game like that.  You could have cooperative operations also.  One team could be ground and one air, if they can communicate with standard signals they both advance. 
Lt Col Rob Borsari<br  / Wing DO
SER-TN-087

lordmonar

Quote from: Robborsari on April 08, 2011, 05:06:35 AM
I think its a great idea.  There could be a lot of good training info in a game like that.  You could have cooperative operations also.  One team could be ground and one air, if they can communicate with standard signals they both advance.

Aircraft sent to wrong grid.....loose 2 turns.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

jeders

Aircraft has spotted target but ground team is still at base, lose 3 turns.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

commando1

LPer decides to lead you around like a ADHD puppy...lose 3 turns. :D
Non Timebo Mala

a2capt

IMU crashes - Everything takes two turns for the next 23 minutes.

Spaceman3750

Ground team fails to check in then insists that it's the MRO's job to call them when it's time to check in because the GT's too busy. Lose a turn.

SarDragon

MO(T) keeps trying to check in on wrong freq. Lose 1 turn.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

manfredvonrichthofen

Nearest ground team is based 50+ miles away, loose two turns.
Government shutdown, no one knows if they are allowed to deploy, loose five turns.

tsrup

Everyone wants a turn to talk during the opening briefing.  Lose 5 turns.
Paramedic
hang-around.