devices on mini medals

Started by starshippe, April 06, 2011, 01:51:03 AM

starshippe

. . the semi formal blazer uniform only allows one ribbon, i need for it to be as glamorous as i can make it!

thanks,
bill

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: starshippe on April 07, 2011, 12:32:43 PM

. . the semi formal blazer uniform only allows one ribbon, i need for it to be as glamorous as i can make it!

thanks,
bill

You mean a single miniature medal...? Ribbons are not authorized for wear on the blazer uniform combination.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

starshippe

. . yes, a mini medal, but the silver question applies to both ribbons and mini medals. it was unanimous among the head table at the ga wing conference that the silver star on the lifesaving ribbon remain in the middle.
. . this is of course as ur ribbon generating web site shows it. but i was swayed by the regs, and put the silver star on top. the consensus was that, if the device was part of the definition of the ribbon, it stays in the middle. thats as much of an explanation as i got.
. . i welcome a clearer explanation. as for my mini, i'm putting the silver star back in the middle.

thanks,
bill

Eclipse

Quote from: starshippe on April 14, 2011, 01:38:38 AM

Yes, a mini medal, but the silver question applies to both ribbons and mini medals. it was unanimous among the head table at the ga wing conference that the silver star on the lifesaving ribbon remain in the middle.

There is no "question" - certain decorations simply require the attachment or they mean something else.  A National Comm Comm, for example.

"That Others May Zoom"

starshippe

. . the 39-3 specifies that the silver star stay in the middle for the lifesaving ribbon.

. . it also specifies that the silver v remain on the wearer's right on the pres disaster relief ribbon.

. . i had a question because of a note on page 95 of the admittedly somewhat dated 39-1, which says...

2. Wear a maximum of four devices on each ribbon. Place silver devices to the wearer's right of
bronze devices. Replace the bronze device with a silver device after receipt of the fifth bronze
device.

. . if this had said "clasps" instead of "devices," i would not have had a problem. ms parker at nhq agrees and will clarify this note in the next revision of 39-1.

. . i agree that the specific instructions for each ribbon/medal should have precedence, in any event.

regards,
bill