Corporate (aka TPU) Service Dress - anyone already get one?

Started by AlphaSigOU, December 22, 2006, 12:19:08 PM

SAR-EMT1

What kind of reaction do you figure the NHQ staff gets every day at the gate to Maxwell when they wear the TPU?  ::)

Does SF salute them or just try not to giggle.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

A.Member

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on February 06, 2007, 10:03:25 PM
What kind of reaction do you figure the NHQ staff gets every day at the gate to Maxwell when they wear the TPU?  ::)

Does SF salute them or just try not to giggle.
The latter, I'm sure.  They are ridculous looking.  The latest issue of "Volunteer" includes a number of examples as to why this silly outfit should be dumped. 
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Ned

The NHQ staff does not routinely wear uniforms.  Indeed, most are not CAP members.  Members of the Corporate Team wear civilian clothes while conducting the business of the corporation.

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: Ned on February 07, 2007, 12:04:40 AM

The NHQ staff does not routinely wear uniforms.  Indeed, most are not CAP members.  Members of the Corporate Team wear civilian clothes while conducting the business of the corporation.

I was aware that NHQ had 'civilian' staffers but I didnt ever imagine that they outnumbered the CAP and USAF staff. Id be interested to know what the breakdown is.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

thefischNX01

I actually got one, just because I wanted to try it on and see how it looked. 

A friend of mine said it looked "pimped".  I kinda like it, although I'd rather wear the Air Force style Blues for now.

a review of it can be found at http://air-patrolman.blogspot.com/
Capt. Colin Fischer, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Easton Composite Sqdn
Maryland Wing
http://whats-a-flight-officer.blogspot.com/

ColonelJack

I don;t know about it being "pimped," but I would wear mine primarily because I'm just a bit on the heavy side for the AF blues.  (I have a set of AF blues and am trying to slim down into them, but hey ... it's easier to put the pounds on than it is to take them off.)  The Corporate uniform is so similar to AF, yet so different from them, that it's an actual pleasure to put it on.

Your mileage, of course, will vary.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

afgeo4

I would think that many airmen would confuse the uniform for a foreign air force officer's uniform, but without the "equivalency ID", it would cause some funny faces. Personally, I think the TPU would draw better reactions than the grays.
GEORGE LURYE