Main Menu

You know you are a CAP cadet if...

Started by titanII, January 26, 2011, 02:53:10 AM

ES Ninja

Quote from: commando1 on March 22, 2011, 04:23:32 PM
Getting back on topic...You know you are a CAP cadet when at the end of a summer your don't have a farmer's tan...you have BDU tan in a nice tight line around your arm  8)

And you know you've been to Blue Beret when not only do you have the highly fashionable BDU tan, but you have this lovely slanted tan line across your face from where the sun hit your beret all week and cast a shadow!
Sierra Larson, C/Lt Col, CAP
NCWG CAC Vice Chair
South Charlotte Cadet Squadron

Fly Boy

When you suffer from symptoms of withdrawl when you miss one meeting (from something that could be avoided: Car trouble, homework, Parents, etc.)

C/1st Lt. Kaufman
SER-FL-169

shlebz

Quote from: Littleguy on March 18, 2011, 12:51:51 AM
You know your a CAP cadet if your wall is made to hold your uniforms :)

guilty haha even my mini basketball hoop convienetly holds my blues shirt
:D
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

Nighthawk

1. If you yell at the T.V. for improper uniforms in a show/movie.
2. If, when in civvies, you come to attention when an officer in uniform walks by.
3. When someone asks how you are you respond "Outstanding, Sir/Ma'am!"
4. You are upset when you can't shine your shoes.
5. Your non-CAP friends talk about you to others as "the air force dude".
Daniel Ernandes, C/A1C, CAP
MER-NC-150

Good leaders are an endangered species.
When arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.
Just because you have always been doing it that way doesn't mean it isn't incredibly stupid....

HGjunkie

Quote from: Nighthawk on April 24, 2011, 07:25:05 PM

Haha, my friends nicknamed me "Soldier." It's one of those things, ya know?

Anyways, I have another one:
You know you're a cadet when you got your recent promotion you realized you had to add 3 ribbons to your rack.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

GTCommando

You know you're a CAP cadet when you refer to a raid on the kitchen as a 'Tasty Search.'  ;D
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

titanII

Quote from: Fly Boy on March 24, 2011, 06:41:42 PM
When you suffer from symptoms of withdrawl when you miss one meeting (from something that could be avoided: Car trouble, homework, Parents, etc.)
that was me today, with Easter.  ::)

also improper customs & courtesies and completely wrong drill commands. That always bugs the heck out of me.
No longer active on CAP talk

ES Ninja

Haha my debate partner refers to me as "the army girl."
Sierra Larson, C/Lt Col, CAP
NCWG CAC Vice Chair
South Charlotte Cadet Squadron

Hawk200

Quote from: titanII on April 25, 2011, 12:05:00 AM
also improper customs & courtesies and completely wrong drill commands. That always bugs the heck out of me.
It doesn't get any better. Never been a cadet, been military for years, and that still bugs me.

titanII

When you're the only one in your chemistry class who doesn't bat an eyelid after your teacher calls "ppt" papa papa tango. Meanwhile, your classmates are laughing/looking around confused.

Nighthawk

I got some more.
You are fixing your hair in a mirror when you realize you were looking at your dress shoes.
You iron a sharp crease in all of your clothes.
When answering a question or making a statement, you say Sir or Ma'am.
When talking with your friends, you use CAP terms fluently.
Daniel Ernandes, C/A1C, CAP
MER-NC-150

Good leaders are an endangered species.
When arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.
Just because you have always been doing it that way doesn't mean it isn't incredibly stupid....

titanII

Quote from: Nighthawk on April 25, 2011, 12:32:14 AM
You are fixing your hair in a mirror when you realize you were looking at your dress shoes.
this made me laugh out loud and look like a fool in front of my family. because it's true.  ;D

also, when you yell at the TV every time someone on TV calls an NCO "Sir".

Perez

1.Since your basic encampment, you've folded every T-shirt you have into 6"x6" squares.
2.When you saw that the Hock Shop's website was closed, you paused for a moment of silence
3.When you go to the gym to "PT", and nobody knows what you're talking about
4.You come home from a CAP activity exhausted, hungry, and with the load of work you were given you still wish you were back there.
Train hard, train smart, and love life.

HGjunkie

Quote from: Perez on April 25, 2011, 01:46:36 PM
4.You come home from a CAP activity exhausted, hungry, and with the load of work you were given you still wish you were back there.

No kidding. The last encampment I went to I did not want to leave.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Майор Хаткевич

My flash drive is still called "Capt" because it used to be used for CAP only.

Eclipse

Quote from: HGjunkie on April 25, 2011, 02:11:42 PM

A lot of seniors feel that way, too.  It is very easy to fall into a comfortable, mission-focused groove while the rest of the
world worries about things that seem a lot more important the rest of the year (bills, jobs, family...)

"That Others May Zoom"

commando1

Encampments are funny like that. I have been to a couple of encampments and every time I don't want to leave. Even to go on vacation afterwards. :-\
Non Timebo Mala

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on April 25, 2011, 08:14:57 PM
Quote from: HGjunkie on April 25, 2011, 02:11:42 PM

A lot of seniors feel that way, too.  It is very easy to fall into a comfortable, mission-focused groove while the rest of the
world worries about things that seem a lot more important the rest of the year (bills, jobs, family...)

I think a big chunk of that is the people with similar goals/interests. 

SABRE17

two days after my basic encampment i had marching band camp (on a military base oddly enough), no one could understand why I woke up at 0500 spontaneously and decided to go for a run and PT.

Flyer4Christ

Quote from: Top Dawg on January 27, 2011, 02:35:05 AM
(1) Know more people by their first name than their last
(2) Find yourself screaming at the TV when someone on a movie calls an NCO "sir"
(3) Got your solo license before your driver's license (true story, happened to my CC)
Not to brag...but i had my private and most of my instrument before i had my drivers license