Main Menu

Encampment 2010

Started by C/Amn Reuter, July 09, 2010, 02:43:34 AM

DC

Quote from: USNASomeDay on August 18, 2010, 01:13:50 AM
Loved FLWG encampment! I was also the guidon (bearer :) for the week (Bravo flight).

I want to go back as staff for winter encampment, but, unfortunately, know next to nothing about the different positions of cadet staff. I should be C/SArm (if not C/SSgt) in time for FLWG winter. What positions would be open to me, and how would I go about applying for those positions.
They just opened staff applications the other day. As a C/SSgt you can apply for Flight Sergeant or a support staff position (DFAC, logistics, Public Affairs, etc).

Here's a link to the encampment website, more information is available there. http://www.flcadet.com/cp/winterencampment.aspx

Also, minor note: Cadet Airman is abbreviated C/Amn and Cadet Senior Airman is C/SrA.  :)

SarDragon

Yeah, I sent him a PM about that.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DakRadz

Quote from: SarDragon on August 18, 2010, 02:39:07 AM
Yeah, I sent him a PM about that.

Poor kid was dog-piled then  ;D

BillB

Go to http://www.flcadet.com and see when Winter Encampment is listed. There should be a list of forms to fill out and the Ops order. Check weekly since the information is not yet posted.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

CAP.is.1337

Encampment this year was a wonderful swan song for my cadet career. I was there as the Communications C/OIC as well as a backup PAO and quite thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Each year I've been to encampment has been a unique learning experience, and I'm sure that going as a senior next year will be another unique challenge I am eager to undertake!

If you have the 10 minutes, take a look at the video we showed at the graduation banquet: http://vimeo.com/13343294 Gives you an idea of the fun we had!  :D

1st Lt Anthony Rinaldi
Byrd Field Composite Squadron – Virginia Wing

Earhart Award: 14753
Mitchell Award: 55897
Wright Bros Award: 3634

Майор Хаткевич

Every April for the last two years I feel like I should be somewhere. Then I realize that It's been 2 years since my last encampment. :(

vento

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on August 25, 2010, 07:23:23 PM
Every April for the last two years I feel like I should be somewhere. Then I realize that It's been 2 years since my last encampment. :(

What is stopping you from going to an encampment now?  ;)
Your experience would be valuable to lots of cadets and you will have  lots of fun working as staff.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: vento on August 25, 2010, 09:13:54 PM
Quote from: USAFaux2004 on August 25, 2010, 07:23:23 PM

What is stopping you from going to an encampment now?  ;)
Your experience would be valuable to lots of cadets and you will have  lots of fun working as staff.

In short: College.