2006 NYW Encampment - Forum for Inflight Cadets

Started by MajBarbBurns, March 12, 2006, 09:33:22 PM

MajBarbBurns

This is a discussion forum for cadets interested in attending the 2006 New York Wing Encampment.  Information is also available at the official website: www.nywgcadets.org/enc2006
Maj Barbara Burns
New York Wing Encampment

mprokosch11

What does anyone who has been to encampment recommend i bring, bedding for a cot or a sleeping bag the list says either.
C/Capt Matthew A. Prokosch, CAP
New York Wing
Utica Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-162)

Pylon

Quote from: penguinmaster113 on July 22, 2006, 10:43:16 AM
What does anyone who has been to encampment recommend i bring, bedding for a cot or a sleeping bag the list says either.

I brought a sleeping bag and found that to be very easy.  If you bring bedding, you're going to have to make it every day to prepare for the daily bunk inspections.  In addition, putting them bedding on is, in my opinion, also slightly more time consuming.

I brought a sleeping bag and pillow.  I laid the sleeping bag on the cot and that was it.  Every morning I smoothed out the bag in about 10 seconds and I was ready to take off.  It was simple and effective.  Granted, nobody actually graded my buk area because I was a SM, but I kept my bunk to the cadet expectations and figured it just contributed to the overall feeling of neatness in the cabin. We also got Best Barracks for every single day except the first.

Your mileage may vary, but for simplicity and ease of keeping your cot up to snuff, I'd recommend the sleeping bag over bedding any day.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP