Ch Lt Col Jack Hemskey's Retirement

Started by Brit_in_CAP, July 14, 2015, 04:24:29 PM

Brit_in_CAP

Our squadron chaplain, Lt Col Jack Hemskey, has decided to 'call it a day' after not quite 35 years of CAP service.

In his usual self-effacing manner, he made the necessary submissions and (almost) made it out of the door without being noticed...almost!

We're planning a proper presentation for Jack in the Fall; the summer program plus the need to coordinate diaries, including Jack's, means we're looking at a date in early October.

I must add here that it is health issues which have been the deciding factor in his decision to request retired status.  As a consequence, we are planning an activity which doesn't require him to stand or to say too much.

As well as our squadron in VAWG, he served in the FLWG, and there may well be colleagues there who remember him. 

Please PM me if you'd like details of the event, to send cards or even attend.  Any funny  - or serious - stories you'd like to share would be most welcome.

I'll be posting a similar note on the Chaplain Corps Facebook page as well as contacting people directly.

Antony Davies
Capt, CAP
VA002