If you were a gambling man...

Started by Panache, May 20, 2014, 09:42:54 AM

Do you think the new 39-1 will be released before 01 June 2014?

Yes. I have faith.
12 (17.1%)
No. It won't happen.
41 (58.6%)
Kinda. It'll be another draft version released for comments.
7 (10%)
I hope not, as that is one of the pre-ordained signs of the Apocalypse.
10 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: May 31, 2014, 09:42:54 AM

Panache

As we're more than halfway through May, and (as of the time of this posting) the new 39-1 hasn't been released by NHQ yet (despite unofficially having a target month of May 2014), do you think it will be released before the month is up?

NIN

Quote from: Panache on May 20, 2014, 09:42:54 AM
As we're more than halfway through May, and (as of the time of this posting) the new 39-1 hasn't been released by NHQ yet (despite unofficially having a target month of May 2014), do you think it will be released before the month is up?

Some are having difficulty transitioning from Office 2010 to Office 2013 .... ;)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

flyboy53

Although I'm not sure, I'll bet it has a lot to do with what will happen with our organization in the next several coming months.

NC Hokie

Quote from: flyboy1 on May 20, 2014, 11:50:32 AM
Although I'm not sure, I'll bet it has a lot to do with what will happen with our organization in the next several coming months.

Do tell...
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

THRAWN

Quote from: NC Hokie on May 20, 2014, 01:32:12 PM

Do tell...

New commander and vice, expansion of the "nco corps"....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

MSG Mac

I think it will be released in conjunction with the National Conference in August. Hopefully with  the NCO program.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

JeffDG

Quote from: THRAWN on May 20, 2014, 01:36:46 PM
Quote from: NC Hokie on May 20, 2014, 01:32:12 PM

Do tell...

New commander and vice, expansion of the "nco corps"....
I wouldn't bet the ranch on the NCO corps...the new commander might care less about that.  Personally, I still consider it a solution in desperate search of a problem.

Eclipse

Quote from: JeffDG on May 20, 2014, 02:24:09 PM
wouldn't bet the ranch on the NCO corps...the new commander might care less about that.  Personally, I still consider it a solution in desperate search of a problem.

More like a new problem that exacerbates an existing one which will in turn need an actual solution.

"That Others May Zoom"

Panache

Quote from: MSG Mac on May 20, 2014, 02:21:23 PM
I think it will be released in conjunction with the National Conference in August. Hopefully with  the NCO program.

You would think you would want to give everybody enough time to comply with the new regs and look all purty for the National Convention.... /shrugs

Angus

My guess is that we'll see the new reg come out next month.  Maybe even 1 June itself, a day shy of the target of this month.  But then again at one point I had heard talk we would have it last year in time for Christmas. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

The14th

I've seen threads on here from 2008 talking about the "new NCO program"...

I don't put much hope in that, and why I don't care to be just a SM instead of a Staff Sergeant.

THRAWN

Quote from: The14th on May 20, 2014, 06:47:20 PM

I don't put much hope in that, and why I don't care to be just a SM instead of a Staff Sergeant.

Why can't you just be a member instead of...anything....

I've said this before and it bears repeating: adopt the CGAUX system. It's simple. And the only people wearing "rank" are in command or select staff slots. And when they're done, they go back to being "Joe"....
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

NIN

Well keep in mind the Air Force doesn't care about May. We are not waiting on CAP folks at this point
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

The14th

Quote from: THRAWN on May 20, 2014, 07:36:07 PM

I've said this before and it bears repeating: adopt the CGAUX system. It's simple. And the only people wearing "rank" are in command or select staff slots. And when they're done, they go back to being "Joe"....

Because the grade structure for SMs reflects well on the CP. They see us advancing along side them and motivates them to do the same. CGAUX should have grade and rank as well, since they are even more a part of their parent service than we are. But it's really just apples and oranges comparing CAP and them. Different missions altogether.

THRAWN

Quote from: The14th on May 20, 2014, 10:43:46 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on May 20, 2014, 07:36:07 PM

Because the grade structure for SMs reflects well on the CP. They see us advancing along side them and motivates them to do the same. CGAUX should have grade and rank as well, since they are even more a part of their parent service than we are. But it's really just apples and oranges comparing CAP and them. Different missions altogether.

You do know there is no requirement for seniors to advance right? And that hardly motivates cadets. You are right about the CGAUX having a mission. Unlike the fond memory of the missions CAP used to have.
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Panache

Quote from: NIN on May 20, 2014, 07:36:29 PM
Well keep in mind the Air Force doesn't care about May. We are not waiting on CAP folks at this point

Really?  Do tell....

I thought that everything that was in the draft 39-1 was already approved by Ma Blue.  Especially since ABUs are no longer in the equation.

lordmonar

Quote from: THRAWN on May 21, 2014, 03:24:46 AM

You do know there is no requirement for seniors to advance right? And that hardly motivates cadets. You are right about the CGAUX having a mission. Unlike the fond memory of the missions CAP used to have.
I guess we don't need your services then anymore....thanks for contributing.

I got to go plan a cadet leadership week end, get ready for my next SAREX, prep the ground equipment to support a Broken Arrow Exercise, and clear my schedule for the next Green Flag Mission.

Good night. 
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

NIN

Quote from: Panache on May 21, 2014, 04:02:27 AM
Really?  Do tell....

I thought that everything that was in the draft 39-1 was already approved by Ma Blue.  Especially since ABUs are no longer in the equation.

Not much to tell really. Even though most/all of what went into the uniform manual has been seen and approved by CAP-USAF ( at least as far as USAF style uniforms ) as OK , there have been some changes in the interim based on the feedback from the membership.

After that, it has to go to the Air Staff for final approval before it can be published.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Panache

Quote from: NIN on May 21, 2014, 11:14:49 AM
there have been some changes in the interim based on the feedback from the membership.

Hear that, guys?  NIN says we're all getting ABUs!   ;)

(or maybe not...)

NIN

Quote from: Panache on May 21, 2014, 01:52:13 PM
(or maybe not...)

^^^ this is the most likely. Occam's Razor and all.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP