Recruiting Ribbon for recruiting a prior member

Started by Stonewall, August 27, 2019, 02:52:48 PM

Stonewall

Cadet from another wing decides not to transfer to a new squadron when they move to another state and let's their membership expire as of 30 Sep 2018.

Current member meets new kid at school and says "hey, you should re-join and come to our squadron."

It has been under two years so former cadet can pick up where he left off, same rank/achievement, etc.

Does the cadet earn credit toward the recruiting ribbon for getting a former cadet to re-join?

I say yes.
Serving since 1987.

TheSkyHornet

If they left CAP and were recruited back in, then I would say yes. Why not?

I think the case to say "No" is tougher than the case to say "I brought someone into CAP," which is what occurred.

NIN

"Sort of"

If they were previously claimed for credit by someone, when their membership becomes "active again" then that first person who got the credit will still be listed in the recruiting report.

So technically, you're not the "recruiter of record."

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

lordmonar

Spirit vs Rule vs Bureaucracy.

I say......sure why not.

Member recruits an old member back in.   In the spirit of the the ribbon I say sure.

No where does it say anywhere you have to be listed as the recruiter of record from the recruiting report.....sure that helps.

Then again....this kind of opens the can of worms of how the recruiting ribbons are awarded anyways.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Luis R. Ramos

I say yes.

Member leaves after being recruited by Member X since he no longer cares what Member X stated. Member Y reminds him of a different set of circumstances...

Why not?
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

NIN

All I'm saying is that there is a report that gives you the opportunity to see who has credit for whom. (if its been recorded).

The award criteria for the recruiting ribbon doesn't suggest that you use this report as a guide or evidence. But it sure is helpful.

If your commander signs a CAPF 2A for a recruiter ribbon with the CAPID of the people you recruited in the remarks block, thats as good as anything else under the regulations.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Alaric

Quote from: lordmonar on August 28, 2019, 03:57:22 AM
Spirit vs Rule vs Bureaucracy.

I say......sure why not.

Member recruits an old member back in.   In the spirit of the the ribbon I say sure.

No where does it say anywhere you have to be listed as the recruiter of record from the recruiting report.....sure that helps.

Then again....this kind of opens the can of worms of how the recruiting ribbons are awarded anyways.

FWIW When I was Squadron/CC and when I was Group and then Wing DA/DP I only awarded the Recruiting Ribbon based on the recruiting report YMMV

GroundHawg

Quote from: NIN on August 28, 2019, 01:26:22 PM
All I'm saying is that there is a report that gives you the opportunity to see who has credit for whom. (if its been recorded).

The award criteria for the recruiting ribbon doesn't suggest that you use this report as a guide or evidence. But it sure is helpful.

If your commander signs a CAPF 2A for a recruiter ribbon with the CAPID of the people you recruited in the remarks block, thats as good as anything else under the regulations.

This is exactly how I have always done it. Quick, easy, and within regs.

Eclipse

Quote from: Stonewall on August 27, 2019, 02:52:48 PM
Does the cadet earn credit toward the recruiting ribbon for getting a former cadet to re-join?

I say yes.

Reg says "no".
CAPR 39-3, Page 16: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R039_003_83459660D4F44.pdf

"(1) Cadet Ribbon. Awarded to cadets who recruit two new qualified cadets or senior
members for CAP. A bronze clasp is awarded for each additional two members recruited. A silver
clasp replaces five bronze clasps. Bronze clasps are not worn after the silver clasp is awarded. An
additional silver clasp will be awarded for each additional 10 members recruited.

(2) Senior Ribbon. Awarded to senior members who recruit seven new qualified cadets or
senior members for CAP. A bronze clasp is awarded for each additional 10 members recruited. A silver
clasp replaces five bronze clasps. Bronze clasps are not worn after the silver clasp is awarded. An
additional silver clasp is awarded for each additional 50 members recruited. Members recruited as a cadet
may be included in determining entitlement in the case of senior members who were former cadets."

A returning cadet is not a "new" member.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP