Air Force PT Standards

Started by Stonewall, March 18, 2009, 05:14:28 PM

Stonewall

Found this nifty Air Force Physical Fitness Test Calculator online and thought I'd share it here.

The AF has quite the peculiar PT test in place that is based on 100 points.

You can get:

50 pts on the 1.5 mile run

30 pts based on the circumference of your abdomin

10 pts for 1 minute of push-ups

10 pts for 1 minute of sit-ups

Notice the abdomin check.  Regardless of height, this part is scored the same.  Whether you stand 6' 4" or 5' 4", you are required to have a certain sized abdomin for your max points.

Luckily, I'm a fairly good runner so I make up most of my points there.
Serving since 1987.

jimmydeanno

I actually decided to try myself at the AFPT standards last weekend.

I'm 6'1", 155 lbs, 32 inch waist, 26-29 years. 

I did 40 pushups in a minute, 60 situps and ran the 1.5 in 8:42.

That gives me a 98% because of the pushups.

My wife has had to do like 6 AFPT tests this year between the ANG, Field Training, ROTC, etc.  She routinely scores 96-100.  But then again, she likes running marathons and stuff.  I think she has another test coming up this month.

Although I think the program works for the AF, I don't think that it would work well for us in CAP.  Different objectives with the program and all.

Thanks for sharing UK!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Stonewall

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 18, 2009, 05:25:01 PM
I'm 6'1", 155 lbs, 32 inch waist, 26-29 years. 

I don't like you very much.

But of course, I was about 170 lbs in my mid-20s too.  I'm 6' 2" and packing 215 lbs of chewed bubble gum and have a 36" waist, which I'm thinking may be 37" now.

Last year I got an 84.4 by getting:

10:36 on the run.

43 push-ups

53 sit-ups

36" waist

I'm shooting for 85 this year (next month) because I think I increase my speed to <10:24.  We'll see.
Serving since 1987.

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

hatentx

Wow so I guessed about what I did on my last APFT and put it in.  I dont score the best on the APFT but got a 80% on the AFPT.  haha can I change services now please???????

Stonewall

Quote from: hatentx on March 19, 2009, 05:36:49 AM
...but got a 80% on the AFPT. 

80%?  You're at least 10 years younger than me and your service has higher physical standards than the AF.  How come just 80%?
Serving since 1987.

hatentx

Cause I am not PT stud!!!  I cant run is my biggest problem.  Oh and I am gaining the alcohol reserve right now in preparation of my upcoming deployment