It's official, I'm a DCC again...

Started by Stonewall, March 16, 2009, 12:00:20 AM

Stonewall

Got this today...

**Please do not reply to this email.**

According to our records you have recently been appointed the Civil Air Patrol duty position of Deputy Commander for Cadets at FL-383 by Your Squadron Commander. This is a reminder that it is your responsibility to ensure that all CAP property, assets and records associated with this duty assignment are properly accounted for in accordance with the applicable CAP regulations and supplements thereto. The assignor can be reached at: yourcc@flwg.us. Thank you for your continued service to Civil Air Patrol.

Last time I was a DCC was 2002, before I became a Sq/CC.  Hope I still have what it takes.  It'll be a new challenge with a full size family, busy job and fairly active Guard unit.  Hopefully I hold this title a year from now.
Serving since 1987.

lordmonar

That will teach you to skip staff meetings.   :clap:

Good luck.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Pylon

My condolences. 

On a serious note, being a DCC has been the best duty position I have had in CAP.  It's one of the most rewarding positions, IMHO.  Remember to enjoy it!   ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Pylon on March 16, 2009, 12:58:54 AM
My condolences. 

On a serious note, being a DCC has been the best duty position I have had in CAP.  It's one of the most rewarding positions, IMHO.  Remember to enjoy it!   ;)

I have to agree with you Mike.  I've been DCC three times now at different squadrons and I wouldn't trade the position for anything.  The previous two times were step-in positions, join the squadron and they don't have one - so...tag you're it!  My current squadron I had to wait my turn, work as Leadership Officer, Activities Officer, etc.  Unfortunately, the spot usually comes available after someone hasn't done such an awesome job and a recovery effort is needed.

My previous unit my wife and I ended up increasing the cadet membership 12 fold, taking the squadron's color guard to win the region competition, etc all in about a year.  What a great time that was.

I haven't had the opportunity to have the position long enough to have cadets start and finish their cadet careers under my watch yet, but there seems to be a pretty good track record.  8 of them are at the USAFA now, 3 at West Point, 2 at Annapolis, multitudes in ROTC and most off to college.  In the back of my mind, I hope, that in some small way I helped them get there.

I think I can honestly say that the position of DCC has been the most rewarding position I've had in CAP.  I can't really say I'd want to work at 'wing' or 'region' simply because I wouldn't get to really see how what we do actually affects people.

UK, I wish you the best of luck on your next DCC round, I'm sure that things will go wonderfully.  It sounds like your biggest challenge is going to be some of the cultural shifts. 

Congratulations!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

CadetProgramGuy

After getting back involved after a long layoff (again) I am geing offered a Squadron CC for an up and coming (new) unit.

USADOD

:clap: DCC are awesome! :clap: , I signed my first Wright Brothers Award last night :'(
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
DCC, Detroit 100th "Red Tails" Composite Squadron
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385