CAP Certificates

Started by abysmal, May 05, 2005, 11:43:15 PM

abysmal

Whats available in CAP pre-printed, nice looking blank certificates?

I have seen some of the blank Plaques that are available, but I am hunting for some General Purpose certificates.

Any suggestions?
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

MIKE

CAPC 35 Certificate of Appreciation (Unit Level)

Order on a CAPF 8 from LGF
Mike Johnston

abysmal

Surely some other enterprising CAP members have created some good generic documents that could be plagerized or adulterated for local unit use??

I know I can do the full creation and layout in Pagemaker, but I just don't want to invest the time and effort to re-invent the wheel unless I have no other alternative.

MIKE

Quite a few of the locally produced certificates I've got were just done up quick with word landscaped and printed on some bordered certificate paper from Officemax or Staples.
Mike Johnston

arajca

Florida wing has a couple availabe for download. They are Word forms and have some limits on what you can use them for.

abysmal

Thats the direction I was looking for.
Just some general stuff with graphics and layouts that I could then modify for our own use.

The Cadets have asked for a Dinner and Awards banquest.
So I want to get started on some fun stuff.

Major_Chuck

Check with your Wing and Region admin folks, they may have something specific to your area outside of the standard certificate of appreciation.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Capt SSnyder

Does anyone have a format that allows printing right onto the Wright Bros. Award?
Steven Snyder, Capt. CAP
Commander
Woodfield Composite Squadron
GLR-IL-075

Pace

The template can be found here at the bottom of the page:
http://level2.cap.gov/index.cfm?nodeID=5155
Lt Col, CAP

arajca

If you want some generic ones, try here http://www.dyetub.com/certificates/. They're text only, but may work for some lower level certificates. You can add your own text.

Also, for about 10 bucks, you can get Certificate Master from http://www.boxfreeconcepts.com/inserv/master.html. You can create any certificate you want by building appropriate titles from the tools provided. There is even a section to add a custom logo.

arajca

Since I had a need for a certificate of completion for a full day class I am giving, I came up with a Word Certificate of Completion template. I used a CAP seal graphic from CAWG for the watermark, Diploma font for the certificate lettering, Garamond font for the stuent and instructor names, grades, etc. The margins are set to print on standard printed border papaer available from office supply stores. They look great on natural parchment with a silver border.

While I was at it, I made four types - since Word limits drop downs to 25 items:
SM student and instructor
Cdt student, SM instructor
SM student and Cdt instructor
Cdt student and instructor

pm me if you want them.

You may modify them if you agree to make them available to anyone from CAP who asks.

editted to fix word usage

abysmal

Do we have a place on this board where we can upload things like this to share with people?

Pylon

Quote from: abysmal on May 23, 2005, 03:53:10 AM
Do we have a place on this board where we can upload things like this to share with people?

You can attach them right to your posts by clicking "Additional Options..." when posting a new topic or reply.  Simply choose the file or files you want to add, and voila.

If they are too large or not the right kind of document to be uploaded to the forums, but they would still serve a good purpose, PM myself or Jerry about it.  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

arajca

Where? When I click on "Additional Options" all I get is checkboxes for:
Notify me of replies
Return to this topic (checked)
Don't use smileys

abysmal

soon we will all get educated...

MIKE

Quote from: arajca on May 23, 2005, 05:58:40 AM
Where? When I click on "Additional Options" all I get is checkboxes for:
Notify me of replies
Return to this topic (checked)
Don't use smileys

I think it is the file folder and world icon for Insert FTP Link under Add BBC tags.

I don't understand how to use the FTP tags though.

Mike Johnston

whatevah

hehe  only admins and "VIPs" see the attachment options.   I'll go adjust that.

edit: all done
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

abysmal

arajca

Here are the first two.

Remember, if you make any fancy changes, you have to share.

[attachment deleted by admin- older than one year]

arajca

And the last two.

Edit to add:
I has been brought o my attention that the form fields don't work right on the certs. After downloading, you need to go to Tools|Protect Document then click the dot next to "Forms" leave the password blank and click "OK". Then, to preserve the change, go to File|Save As. In the dialog box that comes up, click the arrow by the "Save as type" box and select "Document Template". Give it a name of use the default name and click "Save". The form fields will work when you open it as a document.

[attachment deleted by admin- older than one year]

abysmal

Are you able to work with Adobe Pagemaker files?

I do all of my custom layups in Pagemaker.

arajca

Quote from: abysmal on May 25, 2005, 12:20:40 AM
Are you able to work with Adobe Pagemaker files?

I do all of my custom layups in Pagemaker.
No. I use Word, Paint Shop Pro, and very occassionally, Publisher.

arajca

Since I am in a good mood - and I am getting ready to start doing the CAP Model Rocketry Program, I came up with some custom CAPMR certificates. Yes, I know CAP includes them in the booklet and you can download them, but I think they look better if names are printed on the certificates.

Each is set to print on any certificate paper with preprinted borders that has a margin of 1.25" all around. I used Geographics Conventional Blue.

Unfortunetely, they are too big to post, so pm me if you are interested.

Capt Rivera

Quote from: arajca on June 03, 2005, 05:38:09 PM
Since I am in a good mood - and I am getting ready to start doing the CAP Model Rocketry Program, I came up with some custom CAPMR certificates. Yes, I know CAP includes them in the booklet and you can download them, but I think they look better if names are printed on the certificates.

Each is set to print on any certificate paper with preprinted borders that has a margin of 1.25" all around. I used Geographics Conventional Blue.

Unfortunetely, they are too big to post, so pm me if you are interested.

ARAJCA, I'd like those, do you still have them?

Any other updates/additions to certificates that anyone wants to share?
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org