Cadet promotions on Facebook

Started by Eclipse, May 30, 2014, 01:42:55 AM

Eclipse

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cadet_programs/?cadet_promotions_on_facebook&show=entry&blogID=1279

"Starting this week when a cadet's promotion is approved in eServices their notification email will include a link to share the good news on Facebook.  If a cadet chooses to share the information a picture of their new grade insignia will post on their Wall.  Friends and family who follow the link will be taken to a page that outlines the requirements the cadet completed to earn the achievement or milestone.  Sharing is a great way for cadets to celebrate their accomplishments and to increase the visibility of Civil Air Patrol.  You can see the announcement and like us on Facebook by clicking the link on the right!"

So can one assume there is an age check in eServices and these links are not included in the message until the cadet is 13?

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

I would assume that if the cadet does not have a Facebook page it would just take him to a "sign up now" page.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

a2capt

Panache

Considering I'm "friends" with zero of the cadets in my squadron (for CPPT reasons), I doubt I'll get to see any of this.  That being said, it's a good promoting tool.

RiverAux

Garibaldi

I don't know. I had an issue in my old unit with cadets trying to"friend" me on Facebook. Not an issue in my current unit. Even if I get the odd request I just deny it, no reason given. As far as why only cadets, I think it is going to he used as a recruiting tool. Their friends IRL who see these promotion posts are going to want to join. As well, I can see both good and bad with this idea. Good in that it will have "instant gratification" and bad in that "hey, you've been in three years. Where's your Facebook promotion?"
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

NC Hokie

Quote from: Garibaldi on May 30, 2014, 01:16:04 PM
...and bad in that "hey, you've been in three years. Where's your Facebook promotion?"

A little negative peer pressure isn't necessarilly a bad thing.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy