Parades

Started by Chief2009, June 13, 2010, 04:50:48 AM

Chief2009

I'm looking ideas for thing to do in parades. I have more than four cadets, and would like to use as many as I can.

Any help would be appreciated.

DN
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

a2capt

Put together a Drill Team worth, and work out a routine.

Chief2009

I should have pointed out that I have mainly newer cadets. Now that I think about it more, maybe I should stick to color guard so I don't look like the ROTC from "Animal House"

DN
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

SarDragon

Quote from: Chief2009 on June 13, 2010, 05:22:59 AM
I should have pointed out that I have mainly newer cadets. Now that I think about it more, maybe I should stick to color guard so I don't look like the ROTC from "Animal House"

DN

Astute observation. Additionally, a drill team of less than 12+1 members just doesn't look all that good.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RobertAmphibian

Most CAP squadrons who participate in parades will provide a color guard and then have any other cadets marching in a flight behind them. If you have a squadron banner or some identifying sign, that can be cool to bring along too.

And +1 SarDragon. Bare minimum in my book is 9+1. Now 16+1, that'd be awesome!

jimmydeanno

When I have cadets that are marching in a parade, I'll have 4 do a color guard and two holding our squadron banner.  The rest of the cadets that are behind them are interacting with the people on the sidelines, giving out CAP balsa wood airplanes, recruiting brochures, Frisbees, etc.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill