CAP pilot and his wife killed in plane crash

Started by DrJbdm, February 13, 2009, 08:45:03 PM

DrJbdm

It is with profound sadness that I tell you that yesterday evening near Conroe, Texas, Lt Col Dan Williams and his wife were killed in a plane crash. This was not a CAP flight. Dan was flying a twin engine BeechCraft to Williams Airport to see his Daughter who arrived shortly after the crash. He was the commander of the Austin Kittinger-Phantom Senior Squadron, and was also the Deputy Group III Commander-South.

Dan was a great pilot, he was a commercial rated pilot who flew professionally, I had taken my Form 91 checkride with him and had also flown several missions with him as well, this is a loss that is beyond words. I will post any further details once they become available, but from eyewitness accounts, it looks as if Dan was attempting to land and had to do a go-around when he entered in to a departure stall and banked hard right into the ground, just behind a house.

Please pray for the family and friends of Lt. Col. Williams. This is a loss that will effect TX Wing for along time to come. It is all of our loss.

James Shaw

My thoughts and prayers will be with his family.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Major Carrales

The deepest condolences from the CAP Officers and Cadets of the Corpus Christi Composite Squadron.  Our thoughts and prayers are with our neighbors to the north.

-Major Joe Ely Carrales, CAP
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SAR-EMT1

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Nolan Teel