official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: JC004 on August 09, 2007, 05:01:09 AM
Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on August 08, 2007, 11:23:11 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 08, 2007, 03:41:30 PM
Quote from: MIKE on August 08, 2007, 03:39:47 PM
Thread jack alert.  First warning.

But he was saying where he is ("here"), and I was saying where I am and...::sigh::  yessir...

(Rowley started it)

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

Yeah, I started it... I'll claim sleep deprivation as the culprit. I was a little busy not getting sleep since a little one was busy saying "I'm here". Mother and possible future cadet are fine  ;D

a rowley 2.0?

Quite so, and hopefully third-generation CAPer when the time comes.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

JC004

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on August 09, 2007, 01:32:27 PM

But he was saying where he is ("here"), and I was saying where I am and...::sigh::  yessir...

(Rowley started it)

Yeah, I started it... I'll claim sleep deprivation as the culprit. I was a little busy not getting sleep since a little one was busy saying "I'm here". Mother and possible future cadet are fine  ;D

a rowley 2.0?

congrats and such.  shh mods are watching

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: JC004 on August 09, 2007, 01:39:31 PM
Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on August 09, 2007, 01:32:27 PM

(Rowley started it)

a rowley 2.0?

congrats and such.  shh mods are watching

Thanks - it's a third-party "I'm Here", so it's still on-topic  :angel:
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

docspur

Well, guess I am where I'm supposed to be.  Darryl Spurlock, Capt, Pegasus Composite Squadron, NCR-MO-144.  I was "informed" of CAP Talk and decided after lurking as a guest for a bit that I'd like to be a part of this madness.  So, here's to the FNG!  *CLINK CLINK*

PS, haven't been called a "lurker" since my college days in the fraternity...but then it meant something totally different...especially to the sorority girls <chuckle>

Capt DL Spurlock, Commander
NCR-MO-127 - Trail of Tears Composite Squadron

Group IV Safety Officer
Missouri Wing

JC004

Quote from: docspur on August 10, 2007, 07:38:35 AM
Well, guess I am where I'm supposed to be.  Darryl Spurlock, Capt, Pegasus Composite Squadron, NCR-MO-144.  I was "informed" of CAP Talk and decided after lurking as a guest for a bit that I'd like to be a part of this madness.  So, here's to the FNG!  *CLINK CLINK*

PS, haven't been called a "lurker" since my college days in the fraternity...but then it meant something totally different...especially to the sorority girls <chuckle>

Welcome.  Madness we have.  You're welcome to have some.

Now that you have posted, you get to be a Newbie instead of a Lurker.  Before you know it, you'll be salty and seasoned. 

MIKE

Being salty and seasoned isn't very healthy.
Mike Johnston

docspur

yeah, but without it life would be so bland.

Group IV Safety Officer
Missouri Wing

JC004

Quote from: MIKE on August 10, 2007, 12:44:40 PM
Being salty and seasoned isn't very healthy.

Not everyone can be a moderanger.

MIKE

Being a Moderanger is far worse.
Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on August 10, 2007, 05:34:55 PM
Being a Moderanger is far worse.

It's certainly not good for your health... mental or physical. 

LittleIronPilot

I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself.

My name is Tom Dager and I am a new SM of the CAP. I belong the the Peachtree City-Falcon Field Composite Squadron in Georgia. I am currently studying to get my *T for Mission Scanner and am in the Emergency Services specialty track.

As for me, I am former law enforcement and a former Paratrooper/LRS guy who loves to fly and am the proud owner of a 1965 Cessna 182. Happily married, just celebrated nine years together, and am very active in both my CAP unit and other aspects of aviation. I am an Information Risk Senior Consultant by trade, but that is just to pay the bills; flying and serving are my real passions!

I hope to get to know ya'll better as I spend more time here...it seems like a pretty cool place to talk shop and hang out.

MIKE

Moving this to the official "I'm here!" thread.

Welcome to CAP Talk.

Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: LittleIronPilot on August 10, 2007, 11:37:28 PM

My name is Tom Dager and I am a new SM of the CAP. I belong the the Peachtree City-Falcon Field Composite Squadron in Georgia. I am currently studying to get my *T for Mission Scanner and am in the Emergency Services specialty track.

As for me, I am former law enforcement and a former Paratrooper/LRS guy who loves to fly and am the proud owner of a 1965 Cessna 182. Happily married, just celebrated nine years together, and am very active in both my CAP unit and other aspects of aviation. i am ain Information Risk Senior Consultant by trade, but that is just to pay the bills; flying and serving are my real passions!

I hope to get to know ya'll better as I spend more time here...it seems like a pretty cool place to talk shop and hang out.

Welcome Tom!  :)

JC004

Quote from: LittleIronPilot on August 10, 2007, 11:37:28 PM

As for me, I am former law enforcement and a former Paratrooper/LRS guy who loves to fly and am the proud owner of a 1965 Cessna 182. Happily married, just celebrated nine years together, and am very active in both my CAP unit and other aspects of aviation. i am ain Information Risk Senior Consultant by trade, but that is just to pay the bills; flying and serving are my real passions!

Welcome.  It is good to get new members with experience.  CAPTalk is a nice place.  We even have free donuts.

MIKE

Quote from: JC004 on August 10, 2007, 11:45:06 PMWe even have free donuts.

Where are these free donuts of which you speak?
Mike Johnston

JC004

Quote from: MIKE on August 10, 2007, 11:47:15 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 10, 2007, 11:45:06 PMWe even have free donuts.

Where are these free donuts of which you speak?

mikeylikey stole them this morning.  He is still pissed that PAWG never reimbursed him for the donuts he bought for a senior activity last year.

RogueLeader

Welcome all to CapTalk, glad to see you have arrived with out damage :angel: but don't worry, we'll send some your way >:D

Just kidding.  We all try and have a good time, and this is one of the best ways to network that many of my professors said was so necessary, btw- networking has nothing to do with computers. ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

shorning

docspur

Group IV Safety Officer
Missouri Wing