Main Menu

CAP Awards

Started by lordmonar, December 15, 2009, 12:11:57 AM

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: Spike on January 03, 2010, 06:37:33 PM
^ There are 13 total ribbons in the Cadet Program should the Cadet make it to Cadet Colonel.  ADD 1 more for the Mandatory Encampment and you get 14.

So, you get 5 rows of 3 ribbons or 4 rows of 4 ribbons.

The bling received with each achievement is very important, and National did conduct research about 10 years ago that said the same thing.

This is a non issue.   If you only award ribbons with milestones you get 5 ribbons   encampment.  Is that what you are suggesting??  2 Rows of Ribbons is not a motivator.  Cadets are motivated by the ribbons we currently have.  Period.

Well excuse me for bringing my opinion into the thread.  I'll be sure to consult you on what's right or wrong before I do it again.   ::)

I don't know what your experience with the Cadet program is, but you have no authority to speak as if you're speaking for each and every Cadet (and prospective Cadet).  I'll tell ya, when I joined at 12, it was neither the ribbons or rank (though I did thin it'd be cool to be saluted).  It was the BDUs.  Truthfully, I hated wearing the blues (and still do, really... it's not all that comfortable of a uniform IMO).

Major Carrales

Don't mess with it, its fine as it is.

The nature of the Modern Cadet Program has been so since it was first introduced over 40 years ago.  The current model is that you get a ribbon and a stripe.  I can understand the justification...you complete the achievement and are given the rank.  It is a progressive graduation through a program.

Now, if you look below you will see that a CAP Spaatz Cadet is much more conservatively arranged than a JROTC person...and, you know what, it doesn't matter much because these cadets pictured below are in two different programs and have achieved much...

Versus...

It is fine as it is. 

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Hawk200

Quote from: Major Carrales on January 04, 2010, 05:31:06 AM

The nature of the Modern Cadet Program has been so since it was first introduced over 40 years ago.  The current model is that you get a ribbon and a stripe.  I can understand the justification...you complete the achievement and are given the rank.  It is a progressive graduation through a program.

Now, if you look below you will see that a CAP Spaatz Cadet is much more conservatively arranged than a JROTC person...and, you know what, it doesn't matter much because these cadets pictured below are in two different programs and have achieved much...

{removed for space}

It is fine as it is.
I would definitely have to say we're better off where we are.

23 ribbons, 5 suspension medals, 3 neck medals, four badges, six tabs, and two cords compared to 21 ribbons and a cord. All things being relative, we're better off as we are.

Major Carrales

Quote from: Hawk200 on January 04, 2010, 06:48:58 AM
Quote from: Major Carrales on January 04, 2010, 05:31:06 AM

{removed for space}

It is fine as it is.
I would definitely have to say we're better off where we are.

23 ribbons, 5 suspension medals, 3 neck medals, four badges, six tabs, and two cords compared to 21 ribbons and a cord. All things being relative, we're better off as we are.

Oops...sorry, Hawk, that was a JROTC Cadet major.  The point, however, is made.  I think we have just enough ribbons for awards and achievements. I support no additions or substations.

Cadet have access to the Cadet Achievements, awards and decorations of activity and service. Everyone of those is meaningful, to a cadet who rises to Wright Brothers and has to exit due to forces beyond the control of reality, that is their achievement.  To strip them of the others is disheartening and unnecessary.  Either an achievement like Arnold is worthy to remain or it is not.  Forcing them to remove it at Feik is wasteful.

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454