SERVICE COAT INSIGNIA

Started by jason.pennington, June 03, 2007, 02:29:45 PM

SJFedor

Quote from: stratoflyer on February 02, 2009, 06:48:02 PM
And on a side note, the pic of the guy "holding" the link box on the left side of the uniformed fellers, somehow doesn't look right.  :-\

A song about placing junk in a square or rectangular container comes to mind....

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Major Carrales

On the EMT dress uniform.

I would say that they see to be taken seriously and feel that having a dress unifrom rather than a pure field one would achieve that.  I have to agree.

The distinctive marking might look bizzare, but no more so than those first time you see a Firefighter's Dress uniform or chief with his "oak leaf" scrambled eggs on an old style service cap (of the time that look like a legionaire's cap which was similar to the style worn by American soliders circa the Spanish-American war)

Let's not make fun.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

MIKE

Mike Johnston

jb512

On topic, yes our uniforms look silly, especially when there are 9,453 variations.  If we wear AF uniforms, we have to abide by their rulings so we don't look like the real thing.  The TPU is a good alternative, but is not always cost effective compared to free AF stuff.  If it was cheaper and we leaned more toward it as our main uniform then we could make in comparable to the real military, police, fire, ems, etc.

There is no easy answer other than just buying a TPU jacket and sucking it up if you want to look semi-real.

cadet zimmerman

NHQ is considering makeing the "cutouts" say USCAP they will have a meeting on it this spring is wat i was told by NHQ
Kyle S. B. Zimmerman
C/MSgt CAP
In between squadrons

Cecil DP

Quote from: cadet zimmerman on February 03, 2009, 07:52:39 AM
NHQ is considering makeing the "cutouts" say USCAP they will have a meeting on it this spring is wat i was told by NHQ

And this will last until they sell 10,000  and than National will issue an ICL saying it was a stupid idea or never authorized.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

AlphaSigOU

NHQ is considering makeing the "cutouts" say USCAP they will have a meeting on it this spring is wat i was told by NHQ.

You got bad RUMINT - that ain't gonna happen. The era of 'U.S. CAP' went away with HWSRN. Either U.S. for AF-style or CAP for the corporates. Not a combination of both. We haven't hacked off Ma Blue in years to deserve such punishment.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

BuckeyeDEJ

If anything, maybe there could be a separate shoulder mark for the AF service coat -- one that may not say "CAP" on it, but is gray and definitely doesn't have the field-grade and general-grade lines on it.

Outside of the color difference, the shirt epaulet on the service coat looks like someone made a mistake -- or didn't have metal grade to put on the epaulets, so in a pinch slid the shoulder marks on.

Another idea would be to make a plain gray mark for the service coat with either "CAP" or the prop-in-triangle insigne that would allow for metal rank to be pinned on.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

JohnKachenmeister

I have seen the USCG Aux officers with their little "A's" and never thought such an isea would work with us.  But, I'm always open to new ideas, and I have to admit the little "Star of Life" doesn't look too bad on the metal rank.  Putting a little 3-bladed prop on the rank just might work for us.

Maybe a metal "CAP" cutout halfway up the epaulet too, like we wear on the Army outerwear gear. 
Another former CAP officer

Eclipse

By whom, Willie the Groundskeeper?  That's the most off-base "rumor" I've ever seen here - as stated they just reversed and removed the US CAP nonsense compliments of HWSRN.

"That Others May Zoom"