For the uniform junkies...

Started by Fifinella, March 22, 2007, 05:54:39 AM

LtCol White

Yes, I think it could use some cleaning and refining. Overall its pretty good and will be much better with some work
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Pylon

Quote from: msmjr2003 on March 22, 2007, 07:11:40 PM...if the article is for "information only," then it might be best to remove some of the terms that are certainly MORE than just "information only."  (E.g., addressing the maroon insignia as a "fiasco" might not be the most professional method with which to proceed...)

Indeed, perhaps an article for informational purposes should use more neutral langauge.  The neutrality of an article will add quite a bit to its relative worth.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: ColonelJack on March 22, 2007, 06:21:42 PM
Quote from: LtCol White on March 22, 2007, 06:14:00 PM
It would be nice if we could get the blue eps back on the shirts as they used to be with CAP on them. Then, replace the gray on the coat with the same blue eps as the shirt. It would not clash as much as the gray but still be very distinctive since it is an ep and not metal rank.

Wish NHQ would propose this to USAF

It may have already been proposed.  Personally, though, I think the epaulets on the AF service coat should itself be gray with metal rank; the gray slip-ons for the AF shirt; and add an embroidered CAP to the blue epaulets we can wear on the corporate uniform combo.  That isn't a bad idea either, I think.

Jack

I said the same thing, Jack, and got dragged over the coals for it.

I figured you could buy the enlisted USAF uniform and a CAP officer conversion kit, which would have the gray epaulets and the braid.  You would have to have both professionally tailored on, but with the savings you get by buying the enlisted unifom, I figured it was a wash.
Another former CAP officer

LtCol White

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on March 22, 2007, 11:06:17 PM
Quote from: ColonelJack on March 22, 2007, 06:21:42 PM
Quote from: LtCol White on March 22, 2007, 06:14:00 PM
It would be nice if we could get the blue eps back on the shirts as they used to be with CAP on them. Then, replace the gray on the coat with the same blue eps as the shirt. It would not clash as much as the gray but still be very distinctive since it is an ep and not metal rank.

Wish NHQ would propose this to USAF

It may have already been proposed.  Personally, though, I think the epaulets on the AF service coat should itself be gray with metal rank; the gray slip-ons for the AF shirt; and add an embroidered CAP to the blue epaulets we can wear on the corporate uniform combo.  That isn't a bad idea either, I think.

Jack

I said the same thing, Jack, and got dragged over the coals for it.

I figured you could buy the enlisted USAF uniform and a CAP officer conversion kit, which would have the gray epaulets and the braid.  You would have to have both professionally tailored on, but with the savings you get by buying the enlisted unifom, I figured it was a wash.

John, the problem - and we KNOW it will happen is that some won't have it professional done and try it themselves or have it done by someone who "knows" how to sew and it will end up looking like crap. Then their excuse will be " I can't afford to pay a tailor to do this" and they will wear it anyway.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Major Carrales

Quote from: Pylon on March 22, 2007, 08:11:18 PM
Quote from: msmjr2003 on March 22, 2007, 07:11:40 PM...if the article is for "information only," then it might be best to remove some of the terms that are certainly MORE than just "information only."  (E.g., addressing the maroon insignia as a "fiasco" might not be the most professional method with which to proceed...)

Indeed, perhaps an article for informational purposes should use more neutral langauge.  The neutrality of an article will add quite a bit to its relative worth.

The tone of the WIKI article stems from the fact that it was stiched from Civil Air Portal  discussions.

I would post an article section and ask if people had opinions, pics or the like.  Thus, the opinion drove the search for facts.  It was, and is, still only a start.

It is also a good example of how productive a community like this could be.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454