New USAF Uniforms look to be WWII in most origin!!!

Started by Major Carrales, March 20, 2007, 01:53:13 AM

DNall

Quote from: MIKE on March 20, 2007, 09:44:52 PM
Quote from: ddelaney103 on March 20, 2007, 09:26:10 PM
Service A, baby!

More like: No 1 SD
you know I like the RAF as much as the next guy, but I really wish the AF weren't as obsessed with them as they are. And it's the marine blues that look spiffy, the greens are not impressive at all.

Really, why not just go back to the exact same four pocket coat we had before this one, but in the new fabric. We used that coat forever, and as was mentioned it was an AF colored version of the Army service coat - solidarity with the sister service, roots, all that jazz.

A.Member

After further consideration, I think it's OK but could actually be pretty decent with a couple minor tweeks.    So:

1.  A more tailored fit is needed.  It looks a bit sloppy but this is most likely an issue with the particular person serving as the model.

2.  The slacks need a stripe.  A dark blue one down the side, similar to the Army (1 1/4" to 1 1/2" wide).  This simple addition alone would move the uniform from just OK to very good.  To me, this is a no brainer.

I still think there could be some sort of improvement on the belt but I don't know what that improvement would be right now (maybe slightly thicker with a slightly more impressive buckle?).
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

DNall

Quote from: A.Member on March 22, 2007, 03:51:10 AM
2.  The slacks need a stripe.  A dark blue one down the side, similar to the Army.  This simple addition alone would move the uniform from just OK to very good.  To me, this is a no brainer.
same as the commission braid we have on the sleeve now, which incidently the one on the new coat should be the same as well. I could deal with that. Pain in the but, but okay.

I agree more tappered is good. The belt aint happening, but I think what you're looking for is like the ceremonial belt the Army uses? only dark blue like the braid obviously.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: DNall on March 22, 2007, 04:00:11 AM
2.  The slacks need a stripe.  A dark blue one down the side, similar to the Army.  This simple addition alone would move the uniform from just OK to very good.  To me, this is a no brainer.
same as the commission braid we have on the sleeve now, which incidently the one on the new coat should be the same as well. I could deal with that. Pain in the but, but okay.

I agree more tappered is good. The belt aint happening, but I think what you're looking for is like the ceremonial belt the Army uses? only dark blue like the braid obviously.

The Army wears a stripe on the pants to designate leaders.  This goes back to the days when the leaders rode horses.  The Air Force never rode horses.
Another former CAP officer

A.Member

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on March 22, 2007, 04:22:11 AM
Quote from: DNall on March 22, 2007, 04:00:11 AM

The Army wears a stripe on the pants to designate leaders.  This goes back to the days when the leaders rode horses.  The Air Force never rode horses.
Enlisted (Corp. and higher) and officers both wear the stripe (slightly different widths).  And since airplanes are way cooler than horses, I see no reason why the Air Force shouldn't also have a stripe.  8)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Psicorp

Enlisted (Corp. and higher) and officers both wear the stripe (slightly different widths).  And since airplanes are way cooler than horses, I see no reason why the Air Force shouldn't also have a stripe.  8)

And even the planes that leak hydrolic fluid and jet fuel smell better.   ;)
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

SAR-EMT1

As I understand it this new uniform was very carefully controlled and actually the result of a questionare sent out to AF ENLISTED Honor Guardsmen. The concept being just what some here complain about... to stand next to the most modern of technologies and imagine the early days.
The Vote was overwhelmingly infavor of the belt, Also, of a return of the CRUSH CAP -blue- and of a 1 inch stripe - silver- down the pants.  --fyi.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

A.Member

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on March 22, 2007, 01:05:07 PM
... and of a 1 inch stripe - silver- down the pants.  --fyi.
A silver stripe would be nasty.  A dark blue stripe is the way to go...also needs to be a bit wider than 1".

LtCol White

Wouldnt it be rather amusing if USAF decided to make the sleeve braid the silver as it is on the TPU? Thankfully they won't
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

DNall

hey maybe the AF can just adopt the TPU, it looks military, if you're counting the Guatemalan Navy.  :P

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Pylon

Quote from: LtCol White on March 22, 2007, 03:55:28 PM
Guatamala has a navy?

LOL

Hey, if Bolivia can have a Navy (they're land-locked), then anybody can!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

sardak

Nebraska has had a Navy since 1931.  You can request a commission as an admiral from the Governor.

http://www.gov.state.ne.us/admiralships/admiralship.html

Mike

LtCol White

Quote from: sardak on March 22, 2007, 05:33:59 PM
Nebraska has had a Navy since 1931.  You can request a commission as an admiral from the Governor.

http://www.gov.state.ne.us/admiralships/admiralship.html

Mike

Do you get command of a ship on wheels so you can go sailing in the cornfields?

"combines away my boys......"
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

LtCol White

Quote from: Pylon on March 22, 2007, 05:15:52 PM
Quote from: LtCol White on March 22, 2007, 03:55:28 PM
Guatamala has a navy?

LOL

Hey, if Bolivia can have a Navy (they're land-locked), then anybody can!

Wonder if their warships are rowboats armed with BB guns. HAHAHAA
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

sardak

You laugh.  Take a look.

Picture moved to separate link to keep the thread from bogging down.
http://www.m2ei.com/misc/patrol_boat.jpg

Mike

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Psicorp

:D  The recoil from the .50 cal. would provide more thrust for that boat than the little engine will.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

LtCol White

perhaps it should be mounted on the rear so that they can fire as they run away....then they would have extra speed!
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Psicorp

Quote from: LtCol White on March 22, 2007, 06:42:21 PM
perhaps it should be mounted on the rear so that they can fire as they run away....then they would have extra speed!

The Tale of Sir Lieutenant(jg) Robin:
"Run Away, Run Away, keep firing!!!, Run Away!"
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257