Noticed something funny on Vanguard Web site

Started by w7sar, March 15, 2007, 05:23:21 AM

Ford73Diesel

The new leadership textbooks are riddled with typos. In the intro it said they reformatted it to get rid of grammar and spelling mistakes, but I think they made it worse.  :D

Ricochet13

Just an observation, but seems even though we may not care for the current CG of Cap, continued comments to his ethnic and cultural background do not seem to fit the "Core Values" expressed by the organization we proudly advocate.   Although no "fan" of the CG, such comments overstep the bounds of what I hoped we all stood for.

lordmonar

Quote from: Ricochet13 on March 15, 2007, 08:28:49 PM
Just an observation, but seems even though we may not care for the current CG of Cap, continued comments to his ethnic and cultural background do not seem to fit the "Core Values" expressed by the organization we proudly advocate.   Although no "fan" of the CG, such comments overstep the bounds of what I hoped we all stood for.

General Pineda's name is Antonio.....and they were not referring to him.

They were making a joke about Vanguard selling Manuels and Civlia (as misspelled on CAP websites) sounding kind of Latin.

Yes ethnic jokes are not called for and no one should be making disparaging remarks about the National Commander.....but this was neither.

In the words of Sgt Hulka..."Lighten up Francis". ;D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

LtCol White

Quote from: lordmonar on March 15, 2007, 10:56:33 PM
Quote from: Ricochet13 on March 15, 2007, 08:28:49 PM

General Pineda's name is Antonio.....and they were not referring to him.

They were making a joke about Vanguard selling Manuels and Civlia (as misspelled on CAP websites) sounding kind of Latin.

Yes ethnic jokes are not called for and no one should be making disparaging remarks about the National Commander.....but this was neither.

In the words of Sgt Hulka..."Lighten up Francis". ;D

I agree. Nothing offensive or inappropriate was said here about anyone. I suggest you reread the posts carefully....with your eyes open this time.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

LtCol White

Quote from: Chappie on March 15, 2007, 06:01:27 PM
Quote from: LtCol White on March 15, 2007, 04:32:25 PM
I wonder is Manuel is the national commander of the Civila Air Patrol. I bet they have lots of cabilities and resources!!

>:D

Lt. Col. White....you owe me a keyboard.   :D

What? Another one??? I'm running out of keyboards!

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

A.Member

On a more serious note, it is embarrassing.  If these were isolated incidences that'd be one thing but they're not.  It appears to be kind of an epidemic.  Certainly all of these errors are not the result of one person.  One really has to question the QA process at NHQ - evidently there isn't one. 

So, what application(s) do you suppose NHQ is using to create these documents and such?  Did they ban spell check utilities from all their apps?   It obviously is not being used - why not?  At a very minimum spell check should always be run, even if a document isn't going to be published externally (all of these typos would've been easily identified by any common spell check utility).  In the case of externally published information, is that not also run through any type of review process where at least a second set of eyes views it? 

I guess you get what you pay for but, really, this is something NHQ should immediately address...and don't even get me stated with all the errors with the AFIADL 00013.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

LtCol White

You're right. Aside from the poking fun, it really needs to be addressed and now. It seems to be a widespread problem and not isolated to on error given the varied examples we have seen.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG