What Uniforms are mandatory?

Started by Schultheis, March 28, 2013, 02:51:09 AM

Schultheis

Could I just buy 1 set of BDU's + boots & PC, and 1 set of  short sleeved Blues + shoes & cap, or are long sleeved and dress cost also required of cadets?

RogueLeader

Technically, only the Blues are mandatory of Cadets.

However, BDU's are handy to have.  You are not mandated, for regular activities to have the long sleeve shirt or Service coat.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Nearly Dark Side

It depends on the squadron. At my squadron I am the FC and it is required that I have at least a tie, but as an element member it is generally acceptable to only have the shortsleeves, pants, shoes and flight cap. In my opinion you don't need a tie or anything else until you are on staff.

SarDragon

Quote from: C/CMSgt Collins on March 28, 2013, 03:14:44 AM
It depends on the squadron. At my squadron I am the FC and it is required that I have at least a tie, but as an element member it is generally acceptable to only have the shortsleeves, pants, shoes and flight cap. In my opinion you don't need a tie or anything else until you are on staff.

How about spelling out things that new people might not be familiar with. I had to think about it myself for a minute before I figured it out.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

Quote from: Schultheis on March 28, 2013, 02:51:09 AM
Could I just buy 1 set of BDU's + boots & PC, and 1 set of  short sleeved Blues + shoes & cap, or are long sleeved and dress cost also required of cadets?
The proper place to ask that question is your squadron chain of command.

As per 39-1 the minum uniform is the short sleeve blues (for cadets) and the short sleeve blues or white/gray combo (for seniors).
Again according to the regulaitons no other uniforms are to be required of cadets unless issued by CAP.

Having said that.....at some point you are going to need a BDU uniform and PT clothes to go to encampment and other activiites.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

TJT__98

Quote from: C/CMSgt Collins on March 28, 2013, 03:14:44 AM
Check your PMs, Chief.
C/MSgt
Wright Award 21322