Kiwi polish vs. Lincoln polish

Started by AngelWings, March 18, 2012, 09:40:39 PM

Eclipse

I wear Corfams with dress uniforms.

I used Kiwi when I still shined boots, now I wear flat-black tac boots and use Doc. Baileys.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on March 19, 2012, 03:55:28 PM
I wear Corfams with dress uniforms.

I used Kiwi when I still shined boots, now I wear flat-black tac boots and use Doc. Baileys.

Doc Baileys?

My field boots could probably use cleaned and polished again.

Eclipse

https://www.leatherclear.com/cgi-bin/store/pid_01.htm

https://www.leatherclear.com/cartimages/product/leather-black.jpg

Awesome stuff, and a bottle lasts forever.  The motto on the bcak of my bottle is "The less you use, the better it gets..."

I bought one at the bike show about 8 yeas ago and probably still have 1/3 left. Goes on with a sponge, dries in minutes, puts a nice even color on the leather and even the edges.  Helps a bit with waterproofing as well.

Full disclosure:  I swear by this stuff for flat-finish boots, but I have personally never used it on anything like a seat, couch, or jacket, so I can't
speak to using it like that.

"That Others May Zoom"

niferous

I use Kiwi and can get my boots as shiny as the corfam shoes. I posted some pics on here a while back.  I've never tried Lincoln.
Any advice I give is worth exactly what you are paying for it.

titanII

Quote from: Walkman on March 19, 2012, 03:23:53 PM
I was having trouble with getting some dry flaking around the creases on my instep.
Hmmm, I have the same trouble with my shoes. I might have to look into getting a tub o' Lincoln.
No longer active on CAP talk

rustyjeeper

Quote from: Littleguy on March 18, 2012, 10:23:27 PM
I have corframs, and when they didn't have scuffs, they looked amazing. I'm just unimpressed with how poorly they handle light scuffs. They look awful now and I can't figure out a way to get the scuffs off them. Plus the toe area got beat up and now have no shine what so ever. I want leather because I can simply just polish over the scuffs. If I had the money, I'd purchase a pair of corframs and a pair of leather.

So far it looks like Kiwi is everyone's choice.

Kiwi is the best.....IMHO
since you recently became a flight sergeant have those corfams recently been somewhere where the sun doesnt shine to become scuffed suddenly???    :o

AngelWings

Quote from: rustyjeeper on March 20, 2012, 12:34:46 AM
Quote from: Littleguy on March 18, 2012, 10:23:27 PM
I have corframs, and when they didn't have scuffs, they looked amazing. I'm just unimpressed with how poorly they handle light scuffs. They look awful now and I can't figure out a way to get the scuffs off them. Plus the toe area got beat up and now have no shine what so ever. I want leather because I can simply just polish over the scuffs. If I had the money, I'd purchase a pair of corframs and a pair of leather.

So far it looks like Kiwi is everyone's choice.

Kiwi is the best.....IMHO
since you recently became a flight sergeant have those corfams recently been somewhere where the sun doesnt shine to become scuffed suddenly???    :o
Maybe...............................  >:D

SarDragon

Flakes = too much polish. Don't use so much on the flexy areas.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

titanII

Quote from: SarDragon on March 20, 2012, 01:05:08 AM
Wilco
No longer active on CAP talk

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: titanII on March 20, 2012, 01:30:28 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on March 20, 2012, 01:05:08 AM
Wilco

VERY Good advice...

It's been a few years since I've shined boots (college does that!), and when I got some new Bates shoes, I wanted to just get a base coat on them. Not only did I screw it up...I wasn't even able to get anywhere NEAR my old shines...a shame.

bflynn

Keep practicing, it will come back.  Shining shoes is a good skill to have.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: bflynn on March 20, 2012, 02:04:14 AM
Keep practicing, it will come back.  Shining shoes is a good skill to have.

Not really. Had I spent more time doing PT rather than shinning shoes in front of the 'tube, maybe I would have made it past my Earhart.

bflynn

Yes - but what does your earhart do for you after you're 18?

Shining shoes - you'll do it all your life, you can judge a man by his shoes.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: bflynn on March 20, 2012, 02:18:04 AM

In my chosen field it's more about the brand and quality as opposed to the shine...

jeders

Quote from: usafaux2004 on March 20, 2012, 02:21:06 AM
Quote from: bflynn on March 20, 2012, 02:18:04 AM

In my chosen field it's more about the brand and quality as opposed to the shine...

In pretty much every field.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse