Main Menu

What to do?

Started by Daniel, January 27, 2012, 05:44:45 AM

Daniel

Okay, I'm fairly certain I'm the only Civil Air Patrol cadet in town... We used to have a squadron here but it folded a few months ago and I started travelling around 2 hours away for cap. Anyways I was in my school's library printing off a few assignments and I look over to my right and I see a kid in a BDU jacket with a wing patch and CAP tapes (with no nametape).. I know he's not a member, and I asked a mutual friend and she said that the kid got it from Goodwill probably..

So he's wearing a CAP BDU jacket around and all..

What would you do about it if anything at all?

I mean I don't want to say anything, I don't think I have a right.. But I just wanna throw it out there, what would you do?

amended; I dont know why the world almost was in there.
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

lordmonar

Offer to buy it off him?

Other then that nothing.

Move on.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Tell him the wing patch is optional and then forget about it...

"That Others May Zoom"

PA Guy

Do?  I would do nothing and move on.

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on January 27, 2012, 05:58:59 AM
Tell him the wing patch is optional and then forget about it...
That's funny!  ::)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Al Sayre

Why not try and recruit him?  The jacket is a good opener, and he may be a former cadet in a situation like yours.  Maybe you can get him to split the gas for the 2 hour trip...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

a2capt

Go to the Goodwill and see if there's any more stuff, and see if the unit 2 hours away can use any of it.

Some units with a wide area of coverage, rural like huge, have been known to run meetings on skype or similar, and then get together every other time, or once a month, or as needed for things like written tests, PT, etc.

May seem goofy, but put on the uniform, report in, and leave the connection open. During flight time maintain the Q&A/interactivity. If you do it all the same, and make it "decent" you might get enough others interested in the area again, and be able to form a flight off them, and perhaps eventually another unit.

Persona non grata

Make sure you explain to him that it is a military uniform item that was alowed to be worn y the CIVILair patrol.  Witch is Civilian and not military.  Also, let him know about the blue utility jacket as well, its more CIVILIAN >:D
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Eclipse

I would say MYOB is the best course of action here.

"That Others May Zoom"

Persona non grata

In regards to MYOB.....GOT ME REMEMBERING THIS:

I was on a US Air flight heade to NY from FLA.  Lay over in Phillie(always sucks).  Navy E-3 in winter dress(John Cash as they have been called) was wearing a ear ring( E-3 was a dude). Next flight I sat across from him, I waslike what the @!#$!#.  In my head" MYOB" . If I would have seen a service memeber who was senior in grade or equal....I would have pointed it out so the young lad could be informed.  The whole time I was sitting in the terminal I was thinking, this dued is in for it if a Chief walks by and sees it.    Maybe the kid was inspired by Ship Wreck from GI JOE! 
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........