Which Squadrons have C206, C185 and Ga-8 Airvans?

Started by jfkspotting, May 08, 2017, 12:16:38 AM

jfkspotting

Good evening:

Let's make a census of where our
-16X GA-8
-35X C206
and *?*X C185
are located, nationwide in Civil Air Patrol.

Among all the Cessna 172/182, it's nice to see one of the aforementioned three flying around!

chuckmilam

Luis R. Ramos

I thought there is a link where you sign in and you get that info. On your eServices...

Cannot find it...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Nick

Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

SarDragon

What are these numbers, and where did you get them?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jfkspotting

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2017, 12:54:16 PM
http://capnhq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1805/~/location-and-type-of-cap-aircraft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't work. I'm in the new eservices and maintenance module makes me select a wing and doesn't give types, instead just tail#'s.

A.Member

Quote from: maddoggy on May 08, 2017, 12:16:38 AM
Let's make a census of where our
-16X GA-8
-35X C206
and *?*X C185
are located, nationwide in Civil Air Patrol.
For what possible purpose?!  Those that need to know, know where to find this info in eServices/WMIRS.  Resources and status are regularly maintained there.

I get that you're young and excited about aviation.  That's awesome - keep it up.  Just slow your roll on the posting.  Spend more time reading and researching first.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

kwe1009

What if the North Koreans get ahold of this information?   >:D

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: kwe1009 on May 09, 2017, 04:51:37 PM

They might get jealous, demand Cessna's instead of food aid, and some of those spiffy Japanese CAP outfits?

Shieldel

Yeah that's an OPSEC concern. I remember being a young enthusiastic cadet myself (Circa 2011 as a wee Airman Basic) but you have to understand assets are important, thus the staging locations are important. Southern Nevada's aircraft are behind a barbed fence. Please don't push your question.
Formerly 2d Lt Michael D. Scheidle
Formerly Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron
Member of PCR-NV070, 069, 802 throughout my CAP Career
Former CAP Member 2011-2018

Eclipse

+1 And before the "what's the big deal wonks" start posting about how it's info you
could "probably find on the web somewhere"".  So be it, let people do their own work.

As we're told time and again.  Any single piece of info in and of itself may not be "the piece",
but "a little here" and "a little there" paints pictures.

Neither you, nor CAPTalk, wants to be the guy that adds the last detail to "whatever".

The people who need to know this kind of thing, know, and for anyone else, it's info not of anything but trivial value.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on May 09, 2017, 05:19:45 PM
Quote from: kwe1009 on May 09, 2017, 04:51:37 PM

They might get jealous, demand Cessna's instead of food aid, and some of those spiffy Japanese CAP outfits?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maF-5PHUyTI

"No smoking within 50 feet of the airplane, Dear Leader."
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Luis R. Ramos

Very nice editing.

When it started rolling, it appeared that he was alone in the airplane. So I will do what everyone did!

:clap:

Then when the airplane finally took off, it appeared the airplane... had passengers in the back. Was I wrong? This shot went away so fast I was not able to see Dear Leader on the cockpit...

8)

Was it editing magic?

:)

Am I wrong...?

>:D

Will they lob a nuclear at me for posting this...?

:P
Squadron Safety Officer

NIN

I especially enjoyed his lecture on crosswind technique near the end.

Mine needs work, so having the Dear Leader provide spot guidance was helpful.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

A.Member

I thought he may've been talking about weight and balance issues and how he had to keep on the pedals to keep it straight.

Did Dear Leader fly with that coat on?  He is a marvel.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

SarDragon

That's a 206, with four or five people in it. The climb after rotation was really slow. I was in a CAP 206 three weekends ago, with three people, and it climbed a whole lot faster.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on May 10, 2017, 02:06:08 AM
That's a 206, with four or five people in it. The climb after rotation was really slow. I was in a CAP 206 three weekends ago, with three people, and it climbed a whole lot faster.

You're not using Rice Wine for fuel! >:D

NIN

Quote from: SarDragon on May 10, 2017, 02:06:08 AM

Thats definitely not a 206.

You want to watch a 206 climb? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QYLyP71mIA
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Luis R. Ramos

Did he do a lecture on crosswind? Or was he doing a lecture on hotwind?

Squadron Safety Officer