New C.A.P. Aircraft

Started by MICT1362, November 02, 2010, 06:59:24 PM

jb512

Quote from: MICT1362 on November 04, 2010, 03:18:35 AM
I shall argue no further, I know what I saw.  Along with 2 other Seniors and 5 Cadets.

-Paramedic

Don't you just love that?  Takes the fun out of posting sometimes...  Next time you want to relate a story just ask someone here to tell it for you to save the frustration.

bosshawk

Does OCONUS include Nebraska?
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Al Sayre

Some places there seem that way...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

HGjunkie

Quote from: jimmydeanno on November 04, 2010, 02:43:45 PM
Certainly you must be wrong, because you were actually there.  Of course, people who didn't actually witness the event would certainly know better than you.   ;D
::)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

DakRadz

Quote from: Al Sayre on November 04, 2010, 03:13:17 PM
Don't tell anyone, but those aircraft are assigned to the 122 SOS http://122sos.freeservers.com/ They are destined for a classified OCONUS mission.  :-X

!@#$%

You had me going for a minute.. That's just mean.

The only thing I was thinking was that maybe they were all actual SpecOps types who didn't like sharing their info online, and carried it (wrongly) over to CAP.

a2capt

Quote from: DakRadz on November 04, 2010, 09:48:21 PMYou had me going for a minute.. That's just mean.
No it's just mean, it's funny too. ;)

I wasn't questioning the original poster, when he said that one was ready for delivery, I pretty much had to figure that meant paint and that it looked "corporate-y" otherwise he wouldn't have said that.

aekuhns

N644CP
N679CP
N285CP

are all assigned to Civil Air Patrol, but have not been put into WIMRS.
Confirmed through the FAA database

NIN

Quote from: Al Sayre on November 04, 2010, 03:13:17 PM
Don't tell anyone, but those aircraft are assigned to the 122 SOS http://122sos.freeservers.com/ They are destined for a classified OCONUS mission.  :-X

Al, you're killin' me. You know those guys fly 337s cuz of all the crap they're hanging on the airframe.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Tubacap

William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

scooter

I think CA was the old ComAir tail designator. Google 948CA. It is either and RJ or the 182T assigned to Colorado Wing.

manfredvonrichthofen

Personally I think each wing needs at least one G6.  >:D

bosshawk

Excuse me for being curious, but what is a G6?
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

FW

This is a "G6" regional jet (RJ)

MICT1362

jimmydeanno

Quote from: bosshawk on November 23, 2010, 05:57:21 PM

If it's referencing the now popular hip-hop song, "like a G6" they're actually referring to a Gulfstream G650...

http://www.gulfstream.com/products/g650/
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: jimmydeanno on November 23, 2010, 06:25:05 PM
Quote from: bosshawk on November 23, 2010, 05:57:21 PM

If it's referencing the now popular hip-hop song, "like a G6" they're actually referring to a Gulfstream G650...

http://www.gulfstream.com/products/g650/

Actually the song got the reference from Gulfstream originally. When the company came out with the personal jet they introduced it as the Gulfstream G650 or more simply as the G6.

bosshawk

Thanks for the explanation: I neither like nor tolerate hip hop, so would have missed it entirely.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

PHall

Quote from: FW on November 23, 2010, 06:07:25 PM

No, that's a British Aerospace HS-146.

SarDragon

Quote from: PHall on November 24, 2010, 04:07:24 AM
Quote from: FW on November 23, 2010, 06:07:25 PM

No, that's a British Aerospace HS-146.

If that's a G6, then the asymmetrical thrust would be really awkward, since a G6 has only two engines.  :o
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret