MERITORIOUS SERVICE/COMMENDATION AWARD FOR AN O PILOT

Started by OH6 PILOT, June 26, 2019, 07:10:17 PM

Fester

Quote from: MSG Mac on August 13, 2019, 12:39:36 PM
Quote from: Fester on August 13, 2019, 05:27:33 AM
It's a moot point anyway.  The AFSA Cadet of the Year Award was awarded this past weekend at the National Conference to:

Air Force Sergeants Association Cadet NCO of the Year
Cadet Chief Master Sgt. Ivy M. Denen
Idaho Wing

https://www.cap.news/national-awards-recognize-major-2018-accomplishments/

You do know the AFSA gives awards at the Squadron and Wing levels too.

Yup.  But he was specifically referring to the NATIONAL award.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

CAP_truth

O flight pilots do have recognition for achievements per CAPR39-03

h. Cadet Orientation Pilot Ribbon.  Awarded to members who provide 50 cadet orientation flights.  Each cadet receiving credit for the flight, may be counted toward the total of 50.  A bronze clasp may be added for each additional 50 flights.

Cadet CoP
Wilson

OH6 PILOT

It's a moot point anyway.  The AFSA Cadet of the Year Award was awarded this past weekend at the National Conference to:

The cadet we nominated intends to apply for the USAF Academy. If they were nominated by Wing for this award it is far from a moot point.

As for the commentary below, there is one thing I will not walk away from--looking out for the welfare of our cadets. That is a characteristic of leaders in all branches of the Armed Forces.  If experienced members want to bury their heads in the sand in a situation like this one, your choice. I will get an answer on this within the next few months, and when I do I will post it here FYI.

You absolutely need to walk away from this Army stuff.  You may feel it's somehow relevent... it's not,
and there's a cringe factor whenever that sort of thing is waived about, both for the inference of relevent
experience where none exists, and for the actual issue of not having enough time in CAP to understand why it's not relevant.

Heck, most >Air Force< stuff like this isn't relevent, which drives many current and former USAF people crazy in similar situations.
CAP is it's own "thing", and you have to understand the cadence of not only a different service, but that everyone end-to-end
is a volunteer giving things 1/4 attention.

The blowback you're getting on this is because you have a number of experienced members trying to
give the the practical skinny on how this works, and you're insisting on falling back to irrelevant processes
from an unrelated service..

Eclipse

Using the quote function makes it a lot easier to figure out what you're saying - something else to learn.

And this has ZERO to do with "supporting cadets".  Submitting awards in an inappropriate manner isn't supporting
anything but your ego in "supporting cadets" and inability to take the time to learn how CAP works and that CAP isn't the Army.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

"That Others May Zoom"

Fester

The Army didn't teach you how to hear and accept feedback from more experienced soldiers?
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996