Quick flying question...

Started by Stonewall, December 07, 2007, 03:29:53 AM

Stonewall

Surprised no one commented on my right shoulder patch....any ideas?

Serving since 1987.

Cmdbuddy

If you want a cool headset, go with the Bose X's.  

I have a pair and absolutely love them. Others will swear by David Clarks.
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

jeders

Quote from: Stonewall on December 10, 2007, 02:15:55 AM

It's a patch, couldn't make it out the first time so I went on with life. But now that you've brought it up, what is it?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: Stonewall on December 10, 2007, 12:34:04 AM
Quote from: Cmdbuddy on December 10, 2007, 12:08:02 AM
I like my dad's glass better than the C-182

Yeah?  Well I like my dad's 15 passenger Chevy van better than my squadron's 15 passenger Ford van, so there.

Dude, just saying that I like the layout better (extra instruments and stuff)

:P

I'll take any glass over none, though.  Did it have the XM weather and radio on it too?

mikeylikey

Quote from: Stonewall on December 10, 2007, 02:15:55 AM

Radiological Monitoring?  Bit fuzzy. 
What's up monkeys?

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

SJFedor

Quote from: Stonewall on December 10, 2007, 03:12:28 AM

You're a bad, bad man.

Quote from: Cmdbuddy on December 10, 2007, 02:46:28 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on December 10, 2007, 12:34:04 AM
Quote from: Cmdbuddy on December 10, 2007, 12:08:02 AM
I like my dad's glass better than the C-182

Yeah?  Well I like my dad's 15 passenger Chevy van better than my squadron's 15 passenger Ford van, so there.

Dude, just saying that I like the layout better (extra instruments and stuff)

:P

I'll take any glass over none, though.  Did it have the XM weather and radio on it too?

That cockpit is pretty hawt. Most wings choose to pay for the XM weather/NEXRAD stuff on board, but, at least TNWG, won't shell out the $$ to enable the full radio. It just has 2 channels (FoxNews and one other, it's like CSPAN w/o the boring visuals), and then all the NEXRAD stuff. I absolutely love how you can pull up current METARs and TAFs in flight for any field that reports them. Makes in flight diversions a lot easier. But, I REALLY wish they'd enable the full radio. Guess they don't want me rocking out while I'm flying.

Although, there is my iPod.....

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Cmdbuddy

Ah ok.. didn't know that you could get only some of it. 

I've only flown in my dad's plane twice (I normally fly heavily flown C-172R's) and the whole G-1000 thing is so amazing. 

Only thing he's really missing is TCAS, which is apparently along the lines of 15 grand to get installed.  He has the lesser form of it (receiving the information from the ground in certain areas), but he definitely misses the TCAS he had in the Baron. 

You're right... the METAR and TAF stuff is cool, but I definitely like the airport information (frequencies and all) in there.  We had to make a "pit stop" when he came up to get me from college for Thanksgiving (got food poisoning from a drive through Japanese place the day before), and it was nice to punch in "nearest airport" and get everything we could ever need for it. 

mikeylikey

Perhaps you would venture up here this year.  That way you can sport the patch to all your RANGER buddies!   ;D

Don't you have something better to move there?  If anything fails, nothing there would be OK  :-*
What's up monkeys?

MIKE

UK got some 'splain'n to do.  Can not find above patch in CAPM 39-1.
Mike Johnston

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: MIKE on December 10, 2007, 04:14:06 AM

UK got some 'splain'n to do.  Can not find above patch in CAPM 39-1.

Somebudy's in troubbblllleeeeee......

I say we knock off 1000 posts or so.....

MIKE

I'd make him drop, but he's on profile.
Mike Johnston

mikeylikey

Thats the one from the early 90's.  Always liked it better.  I am glad they sell them as repo's now.  
What's up monkeys?

CadetProgramGuy

Profile smofile.......

I know you're hurtin........Get well soon.......

Duke Dillio

There's no way that Kirt committed a uniform infraction.  It's just not possible.  Grabbing unauthorized drink and looking again.  It's gotta be legal.  It just has to be...

JCW0312

Quote from: Cmdbuddy on December 10, 2007, 03:56:20 AM
(got food poisoning from a drive through Japanese place the day before)

A drive-thru Japanese place? Shoulda known better! >:D
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144

Stonewall

Hey now, I thought it was a legit NCSA type patch.  I got it from Hawk Mountain's website after I went there in Winter '02.  I like it 10x better the LL patch.  And the reg, if I'm not mistaken, says my choice of national, region, wing, or squadron patch.  Well, that's a national level patch.

My other options were NGSAR patch, NATCAP wing patch or a few AF patches I have with velcro on them.

I will not wear the FLWG patch on my flight suit as long as I have other options.  That wing patch is the gheyest looking wing patch; moreso than the pregnant alligator. 
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

39-1 says...

QuoteOptional Shoulder Patch: Worn centered 1/2 inch below shoulder seam on right sleeve. Member may choose one of the authorized patches for the right shoulder, may be wing, region or National shoulder patch.

And...

QuoteTable 6-4. Wear of Badges, Patches, and Devices on Flight Suits, BDUs, Utility Uniforms and Field Uniforms.

If an individual wears:

National Cadet
Special Activities
Patches

To include...

Hawk Mountain Patch

Then the individual wears the patch...

on the right sleeve 1/2 inch
below shoulder seam of
BDU or field uniform
shirt, BDU or dark blue
field jacket, utility uniform
or flight suit.
Serving since 1987.

CadetProgramGuy

jimmy says.......

too much

cut

and

paste

MIKE

^^ But that is not the authorized as depicted in CAPM 39-1 patch.
Mike Johnston