G1000 Ground Req

Started by rferris, October 09, 2015, 01:03:51 PM

rferris

I need to take the CAP G1000 VFR/IFR Ground School to be eligible to advance in my capabilities with CAP and was wondering if any wings/groups/squadrons are going to be hosting this via webinar in which I could participate?  I am kind of in a holding pattern until I can get the VFR Ground School under my belt and unfortunately, it seems the only way to do so is by in person instruction or via webinar.  From what i've found so far, my group does not have plans for another one (they had a VFR one just before I joined so I missed it) in the near future and while I could arrange to have one set up within my group, it wouldn't take place for another 6 weeks or so.  It would be much easier if I could join a webinar (or come in person if it will be in the greater Northeast/North Central area) that is already scheduled.

Thank you in advance!

Protohuman

I have an extra copy of an ASA G1000 introduction training CD.  While it is not the same as having an instructor go over the system with you in person it will give you some basic information.  At least you will be able to find the "oscar november" switch and obtain some basic information so that you won't be intimidated by all the switches and pretty colors.  If you pm your address I will send it to you. CAP has several such G1000 ground instruction programs online as well.  You might also find a member aviator who looks like he or she might posses the normal aviator traits of skill, daring, style  8), intelligence  :P and humility and ask them to show you where to find some online instruction videos while you are waiting for an instructor.

Live2Learn

Just finished the ground school for VFR and IFR G1000 and the two autopilot systems taught by two very!! knowledgeable instructors.  There's a lot of value added by in person instruction.  While CAP's rules allow for webinar instruction I've never heard of any attempts to take advantage of the remote training opportunity.

WAWG's Paine Field Squadron has a lot of useful material, including the Cessna Sim, located on their website.