UH-60 Blackhawks show up at BGM to re-fuel

Started by stixco1, April 26, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Flying Pig

Quote from: bosshawk on April 30, 2015, 06:15:24 AM
Our OV-1 Mohawks carried 150 gal drops on the inboard hard points and we constantly got asked at airshows if they were bombs.  Had fun with a few people once in awhile.  During Desert Storm, they carried 300 gal ferry tanks on that same hardpoint and they really looked mean.  Of course, we killed them with film.

The pen is mightier than the sword! ;D

Luis R. Ramos

P Hall, it was my mistake. As it was during my first iteration on CAP, it was 1985 or 1986 so the correct name slipped. The correct name was Grisson AFB. The town closest is Kokomo, Indiana.

So I hope you can forgive what the passage of 30 years will do to someone! And someone's mind...

I do not need Mr. Pedia nor you, as you are still bound by the oath you took when you started your service.  >:D

I will just turn to the National Museum of the US Air Force. The website http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=408 does state the F-111 carried Special Weapons!
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

PHall

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on April 30, 2015, 04:27:35 PM
P Hall, it was my mistake. As it was during my first iteration on CAP, it was 1985 or 1986 so the correct name slipped. The correct name was Grisson AFB. The town closest is Kokomo, Indiana.

So I hope you can forgive what the passage of 30 years will do to someone! And someone's mind...

I do not need Mr. Pedia nor you, as you are still bound by the oath you took when you started your service.  >:D

I will just turn to the National Museum of the US Air Force. The website http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=408 does state the F-111 carried Special Weapons!

Mr Ramos, if you only knew...

Luis R. Ramos

That airshow was my intro to CAP Hype.

We were told that we could arrive the day before, announce who we were, and sign in.

So I arrive Friday by public transportation. Go to the gate, announce who I was and identified myself. The guard says "I will try to find someone."

It was four hours later when they "found someone."

My lesson for that Friday, You just cannot walk into any military base in a heightened security status whether CAP or otherwise, back then as it was a SAC base, nor now for different reasons, without special permission.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

GroundHawg

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on April 30, 2015, 04:27:35 PM

My favorite thing about Grissom is the airport city code, GUS. I have always thought that was very clever.

SarDragon

My favorite airshow fun with the commoners is to tell them that the generator props on the APQ-99 pods (EA-6B and EF-18G) are special high-efficiency, high-altitude props. Lots of people fell for it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret