Civil Air Patrol's Continuity

Started by bricktonfire, August 12, 2007, 01:15:40 AM

bricktonfire

i got this email on 8 August 2007

MEMORANDUM FOR ALL CAP MEMBERS

SUBJECT: Civil Air Patrol's Continuity

It is with regret that I inform you that the Board of Governors has suspended the National Commander, Major General Antonio J. Pineda, pending an investigation. This is standard procedure in situations involving investigations. Let me make this clear, Major General Pineda has NOT been removed and I am only the Acting Commander, because our constitution provides for continuity during times such as this when our Commander is not available.

I am asking each of you to not speculate or discuss this issue internally or externally out of respect for Major General Pineda and CAP.

This year's annual conference theme is "Citizens Serving Communities" and our duty is to serve these citizens and assist them. While we will have some program changes at the conference, it will go on as planned. I look forward to seeing you in person or for those that cannot make it; I hope you will invest the time to watch us on the internet.

I have confidence that each of you will continue to do your job professionally. It is in difficult times like these that a person's true character shows and I know that we have the right people in CAP to accomplish our missions. We are capable, with your service, to carry on in the finest tradition of our organization. Our plans have already been set, and we expect no major changes.

During times such as these, it is easy to overlook safety. We must remember to continue performing the CAP missions in our normal capable, professional and, above all, safe manner.

AMY S. COURTER

Brigadier General, CAP

National Vice Commander

Click here to unsubscribe

105 S Hansell, Maxwell AFB, AL 36112

MIKE

Mike Johnston