Cost Professional Development Courses

Started by shorning, August 05, 2007, 08:27:15 PM

Al Sayre

In MSWG, no charge for the schools, although you are expected to throw in a couple of bucks for the snacks & chow etc.  You pay for your own gas and (lodging if needed) Wing reimburses instructors for fuel if required.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SAR-EMT1

I recall that I paid 20 bucks for the (SLS) course. It was at Scott AFB in the quarters of the resident CAP Squadron and I had to pay for meals, gas, and lodging myself (About 75 bucks all told) although donuts and coffee were provided to those lucky few who got to it first.

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

floridacyclist

My SLS in Pcola was free...food was on me, but it was on-base so it was cheap. Just talked to the PDO yesterday about an SLS and he said to send him all the receipts including lunch as long as we keep it reasonable....guess that means that having Hooters Cater it is out.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Fifinella

Quote from: floridacyclist on August 08, 2007, 01:29:35 PM
he said to send him all the receipts including lunch as long as we keep it reasonable....guess that means that having Hooters Cater it is out.
Well, that depends on how cheap those Hooters girls are... >:D
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: Fifinella on August 08, 2007, 06:46:17 PM
he said to send him all the receipts including lunch as long as we keep it reasonable....guess that means that having Hooters Cater it is out.

Having a woman say this makes the joke so much better.

What is the setup for pricing, lodging etc... for things like RSC and NSC?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

RogueLeader

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on August 11, 2007, 09:43:56 PM
Quote from: Fifinella on August 08, 2007, 06:46:17 PM

Having a woman say this makes the joke so much better.

What is the setup for pricing, lodging etc... for things like RSC and NSC?
For the NCR, RSC which was at Offut AFB, hotels were like $65 a night. IIRC
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SAR-EMT1

Darn...
What about the other associated costs?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

LittleIronPilot

Wow....$20 for two-days of classes and all of the material plus coffee and donuts is very, very reasonable.

SAR-EMT1

20 bucks for SLS/CLC is a good deal.

However I cant see 65 bucks for base lodging as reasonable; Maybe 40. (Unless the 65 gets you club access wilst you are there) ... I cant see anyone letting CAP into an O-Club.
Your mileage may vary.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

SJFedor

Eh, I dunno, they were letting us have free reign of the club at Camp Atterbury at NESA.

MAS and ICSS had a fun graduation night there. I left around midnight when the tequila came out.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Fifinella

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on August 14, 2007, 03:51:48 AM
I cant see anyone letting CAP into an O-Club.
Your mileage may vary.

Didn't have any trouble getting into the aircrew bar at the O Club after Encampment...Boy, did I need THAT. :P

Forgot to mention: LAWG does not charge cadets for attending our "Training Academy".  It is held 3x a year, in a centralized location, and includes SLS, CLC, etc plus MS/MP, UDF, First Aid, etc.  The cadets are included in UDF, First Aid, etc. courses.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

jimmydeanno

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on August 14, 2007, 03:51:48 AM
... I cant see anyone letting CAP into an O-Club. Your mileage may vary.

I've never been denied access to an O-Club because I was a CAP Officer.  Heck, when I was a cadet I was able to go to the O-Club for food.  I didn't even know there were memberships... :)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill