Do you like the new eservices?

Started by Kayll'b, May 01, 2019, 12:58:04 AM

Which is better, the updated or the unupdated eservices?

2.0 (Updated)
2.0 (Old)

Kayll'b

C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder

Eclipse

The version everyone is now using isn't really "new" - it's been in "Beta" (the same way Fortnite is) for at least 4 years.

There's been a slight tweak to the UI, but it is still inconsistent, and potentially confusing to new members because
its modules were / are all done piecemeal.

6/10.

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Only been here 3 1/2 years, so it all looks familiar to me. Guess I've always used the beta(?) The only thing I see different is a new menu layout on the home page. (Takes 5 minutes to create a new menu). Once I click thru to Ops Quals, etc., it all looks the same.  But as I say, I don't guess I ever saw the old version.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

SemperVigHooah

Quote from: Eclipse on May 01, 2019, 02:25:43 AM
The version everyone is now using isn't really "new" - it's been in "Beta" (the same way Fortnite is) for at least 4 years.

There's been a slight tweak to the UI, but it is still inconsistent, and potentially confusing to new members because
its modules were / are all done piecemeal.

6/10.

The very fact that you referenced Fortnite is so honorable.  :clap:

Picy3

I personally liked it better when you could mouse over the side tabs and have them pop up v/s now having to  click them. Being able to mouse over a ton of stuff to get to where I needed to go quickly was great and from what I've tested so far clicking the individual tabs is a bit of a longer process to find whatever you want. But I mean obviously it's not a huge time difference, I just really liked the way I used to be able to just move my mouse to get to the tabs.
Cadet Second Lieutenant who finally passed his Mitchell.

Rocketry badge, GTM3 badge, Solo Wings at a National Flight Academy, Encampment Cadre and two+ years of CAP in all its greatness.
DFAC - 2019 WRIII
Logistics - 2019 CFXXIV
Alpha Flight Commander - 2019 ACIV

SemperVigHooah

I completely agree. But, as you can expect, E-services has been updated to a 'sleeker and better version' multiple times in the past decade, which just confuses everyone using it. I wish that they would've stuck to the previous version, myself.