HFZ/CPFT Entry - Why do they make it so hard?

Started by SAREXinNY, May 19, 2018, 11:51:03 PM

SAREXinNY

So, so far I'm not a huge fan of the change to the cadet PT test. We were on the beta testing for the new requirements, and now that it's been implemented into E-services, it's even worse. Why, oh why, do you have to input individual test scores for each cadet...AND also go into each individual cadet's record and update their individual record for the PT test scores to show up as completed?  After you do the multi-entry for HFZ the individual cadet records aren't updated with the PT test score until you go in and click "submit" (for each individual cadet). This is such a waste of time. Once I do the multi-entry of PT scores, it should just automatically update the cadet's record as showing completed or failed. I have dozens of cadets. Logging into each of their individual records to just click "submit" is a complete waste of time. Is there reason things are set up this way?  Is there a way around having to do this?

Spam

I feel your pain.

There are hundreds of volunteer members who have backgrounds in IT and UX (User Experience) fields, and who have asked how they could help improve our interface designs. I know at least a couple of us here on CAPTalk are practicing Human Factors Engineers, who have experience conducting task analyses, workflow and information interface design, wireframes and mockups, user interface layout testing via formative and summary design evaluations, etc. yet NHQ apparently prefers to continue to go it alone with an overworked and small paid IT staff, rather than leveraging the expertise of our vast volunteer base. Same story as with so many other areas of CAP... vast wells of expertise, but no coherent plan to bring their expertise to bear.

I mean, holy cow - we can't even get the taxonomy of menu items to be coherent (half have "CAP" as a prefix, half don't, and many have acronyms adding to the confusion for new members). They are poorly functionally grouped, and are not alphabetically in order. You actually want individual modules to be USABLE? Good luck.

V/r
Spam