Color Guard Question

Started by NC Hokie, May 18, 2018, 01:02:38 PM

NC Hokie

My cadets are forming a color guard and have been working solely with the material presented in CAPP 60-33.  Since I'm an old NJROTC color guard member, I have been observing their progress and asking them about things that seem off to me.  In most cases, referring to AFMAN 36-2203 resolved the question, but one has come up that we haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer to.

Which CAP or Air Force manual or regulation covers the wear of headgear when performing as a color guard?  My NJROTC color guard always wore covers when performing and our senior members with military experience agree that color guards they saw were always covered, but we cannot find anything to support or refute the wear of headgear in any CAP manual or regulation, AFMAN 36-2203, or even TC 3-21.5.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

TheSkyHornet

CAP Manual 39-1:
Quote1.2.3.6. In the USAF-style uniform, authorized headgear will be worn while outdoors unless in an area designated as a "no hat" area by the local commander or equivalent. Headgear will also be worn indoors by personnel "bearing arms" (such as color/honor guards), and by personnel participating in military ceremonies or formations indoors when authorized by the local commander.

NC Hokie

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on May 18, 2018, 01:12:19 PM
CAP Manual 39-1:
Quote1.2.3.6. In the USAF-style uniform, authorized headgear will be worn while outdoors unless in an area designated as a "no hat" area by the local commander or equivalent. Headgear will also be worn indoors by personnel "bearing arms" (such as color/honor guards), and by personnel participating in military ceremonies or formations indoors when authorized by the local commander.

Thanks!  We searched 39-1 for "color guard" and "color guards" but not "color/honor guards" as used in your quote.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

kwe1009

Also check out CAPP 60-33 chapter 7 to learn about how to do color guards.