Main Menu

Another board?

Started by Commo, June 21, 2017, 01:06:18 AM

Commo

Are there other areas to this forum that are hidden or off-limits to some?

While noticing NIN's topic on the selected CAP commander, there was a link to a second thread, which I cannot view.

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=22211.msg367123;topicseen#new

I receive an error stating "An Error Has Occurred!" and "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

If there's more official stuff or a non-newb area, I'm not offended; just curious as to where this other thread exists.

Hope I haven't broken the first rule of CAPtalk...

Commo

NIN

There are some moderator only "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" boards for the guys managing CAP-talk. For example, it's a good practice in forum board management to move an offending post instead of outright deleting, in case you either later need to restore it or you need to keep it as evidence of tomfoolery, so there's a restricted forum. 

There's no Masonic society or star chamber-type hidden forum here on CAP-Talk. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

A.Member

Quote from: NIN on June 21, 2017, 01:38:00 AM
There's no Masonic society or star chamber-type hidden forum here on CAP-Talk.
That is...disappointing.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Eclipse

Quote from: NIN on June 21, 2017, 01:38:00 AM
There's no Masonic society or star chamber-type hidden forum here...

Said every secret society ever...

"That Others May Zoom"

Commo

Ah.  I was only looking to read the "real" thread on the commander-select.

No bubbles burst.  Nothing to see here.  Move right along.  I am the man behind the curtain.

Commo

SarDragon

Quote from: Commo on June 21, 2017, 01:06:18 AM
Are there other areas to this forum that are hidden or off-limits to some?

While noticing NIN's topic on the selected CAP commander, there was a link to a second thread, which I cannot view.

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=22211.msg367123;topicseen#new

I receive an error stating "An Error Has Occurred!" and "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

If there's more official stuff or a non-newb area, I'm not offended; just curious as to where this other thread exists.

Hope I haven't broken the first rule of CAPtalk...

Commo

The muttonhead moderator didn't click the right buttons when he combined the threads. The visible thread has all the posts from both.

Noting to see here. Move along.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Pylon

Quote from: SarDragon on June 21, 2017, 03:32:30 AM
The muttonhead moderator didn't click the right buttons when he combined the threads. The visible thread has all the posts from both.

Indeed — that was just the result of two threads on the same topic being combined into one thread. In this case, nothing was deleted from public view.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

vorteks

Quote from: SarDragon on June 21, 2017, 03:32:30 AM