What would we do in a zombie situation?

Started by will3947, March 10, 2013, 05:37:50 AM

Blackjack

I have though about this on many a long car ride, and the best way I think I could play it would try to make it to the national guard armory in Chattanooga, where I could get weapons and supplies, and make it to the top of lookout Mtn. and shell the heck out of Chattanooga.
C/CMSgt Marshall Bellizzi
SER-TN-173
MRO, GTM3

Storm Chaser

Quote from: DJN245 on March 10, 2013, 11:31:08 PM
I think that as a whole, CAP would quickly cease to exist. I am sure that there are groups of members who would band together to increase the individual chance of survival. Government funding for flying would be nonexistent, and I think that the idea of us teaming up with the National Guard is chimerical.

I also doubt the impending outbreak of the zombie apocalypse, but one can always hope right? >:D

Zombie apocalypse aside, I think that in the event of a major catastrophe or crisis, to include an attack or invasion, CAP would adapt and provide support for such cause. The fact that CAP started because of World War II and that it provided anti-submarine patrol and warfare, border patrols, and courier services is very indicative that there will always be those willing to risk their lives to protect our freedom.

As far as teaming up with the National Guard or the Armed Forces in general, I don't see how that would be "chimerical". If anything, we are already partners with the U.S. Air Force and, by extension, the Air National Guard. In WWII, we supported the efforts of the Army and Army Air Corps. In any "zombie apocalypse", we would do the same!

The Infamous Meerkat

Way to go guys, the thread was taking it's last breath, but you couldn't restrain yourselves...   :clap:  ::)
Captain Kevin Brizzi, CAP
SGT, USMC
Former C/TSgt, CAP
Former C/MAJ, Army JROTC

Luis R. Ramos

Anyone willing to chime in on the advantages of the ABU or the ACU over the BDU so that we can 1) extend this thread further and 2) derail it by reason of the uniforms?

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Storm Chaser

Quote from: The Infamous Meerkat on April 16, 2013, 12:07:02 PM
Way to go guys, the thread was taking it's last breath, but you couldn't restrain yourselves...   :clap:  ::)

LT, didn't you just extended this thread a bit more just by posting this comment. Just sayin'...

Luis R. Ramos

That is right.

I was Lt up to March, now I am CAPtain...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

Storm Chaser

Quote from: flyer333555 on April 16, 2013, 12:33:55 PM
That is right.

I was Lt up to March, now I am CAPtain...

Flyer

I was referring to Infamous, who posted before you.

Cheers!

Luis R. Ramos

Oopsie daisy!

I beg your pardon for interrupting your communications. I was also wondering how did you know I had been an lt...

Sorry sorry sorry...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

Devil Doc

So, do you think that CAP should have there Combat Abilities Again, if a whole Apoc or WW3 started? considering alot of us are Former, current, retired military or have some type arms training?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

lordmonar

Quote from: flyer333555 on April 16, 2013, 12:15:16 PM
Anyone willing to chime in on the advantages of the ABU or the ACU over the BDU so that we can 1) extend this thread further and 2) derail it by reason of the uniforms?

Flyer
>:D

We can always talk about........should the CAP Zombie Apocolypse Campaign Ribbon (CAPZACR).....be all black with red spatters....or green and red with black bullet holes?

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Luis R. Ramos

I vote for all black with red splatter.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

The Infamous Meerkat

Quote from: Storm Chaser on April 16, 2013, 12:18:45 PM
Quote from: The Infamous Meerkat on April 16, 2013, 12:07:02 PM

LT, didn't you just extended this thread a bit more just by posting this comment. Just sayin'...

Astute observation, there was an inevitability of more posts once it was defibrillated, so it didn't matter whether I posted or not. Just Sayin'
Captain Kevin Brizzi, CAP
SGT, USMC
Former C/TSgt, CAP
Former C/MAJ, Army JROTC

jeders

Quote from: lordmonar on April 16, 2013, 02:31:15 PM
Quote from: flyer333555 on April 16, 2013, 12:15:16 PM

Flyer

We can always talk about........should the CAP Zombie Apocolypse Campaign Ribbon (CAPZACR).....be all black with red spatters....or green and red with black bullet holes?

Black and green stripes with bullet hole devices for each month you survive. Red splatter device denotes 5 bullet holes.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Luis R. Ramos

Red Splatter Device...  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

Devil Doc

how about a bronze star for every 20 zombies you kill? Max s three bronze stars, then silver then gold.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

lordmonar

Quote from: Devil Doc on April 16, 2013, 04:01:21 PM
how about a bronze star for every 20 zombies you kill? Max s three bronze stars, then silver then gold.
NO NO NO NO NO.....those go on your markmanship ribbon!   8)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Devil Doc

Ahh, Right Marksmanship ribbon. Do the 3 classes have different color ribbons? Marksman, Sharpshooter, or Expert?
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

ol'fido

If there ever were truly a Zombie Apocalypse, we would all probably qualify for the Order of Purple Shaft w/Barbed Wire Cluster.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Luis R. Ramos

I think the Marksmanship Ribbon will have the same basic color. The different classes will be with a different color stripe.

Marksman will have an orange stripe.

Sharpshooter will have a fuchsia stripe.

Expert will have a , a .... pink stripe.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

Al Sayre

What we really need to do is let this thread die then wait a year or so.  That way we can have zombie thread about the zombie apocalypse... >:D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787