CCOC 2010

Started by RogueLeader, October 01, 2009, 11:38:37 PM

RogueLeader

CCOC 2010 has been set for 1-7 August.  It will still be held at Pope AFB.  More Details to follow.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

The CCOC Staff is pleased to announce that this year, due to the resounding sucess of the first class, that we will be accepting all applications by paper.  There will NOT be a phyisical board.  All other requirements are the same.  CAPF 31, CAPF 60,Paraclete Waiver form, PT Test, etc.  More to follow as we refine the Administration Process.

We are also refine and adjusting the program slightly to ensure a higher quality program.  We'll let you know.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Airrace

What is is CCOC. Tell us what the program is all about.

jimmydeanno

Combat Control Orientation Course

This is the thread from this years: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=7512.0

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Airrace

Thanks for the information.

RogueLeader

Some things that will not change for the application is that Cadets must be at least C/SSgt, and attended encampment.  They must also pass the entry-level pt test.: 35 push-ups, 50 sit-ups, 10 sec flexed arm hang, 2 mile run in 16:30 min, and 200 meter swim in less than 10 min.  A note about the swim-  all of last years students completed the swim in less than 5 min; 7 out of the 10 students completedthe swim around 3:30.

For those who are interested, start training now.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Flying Pig

Swimming is AWESOME!!!

Here is an idea.  I went to a local gym that had a pool.  I wasnt interested in using the weight equipment, I just wanted to use the pool.  I talked to the manager and explained to him that I was wanting to use the pool to stay in shape for my job and that I was going to be attending Swift Water Training and that my job had a water rescue aspect to it.
He agreed to waive all of the sign up fees (about $300) and reduced the monthly fee from $35 to $25 per month with no contract.  With the disclaimer that is he ever saw me using the other gym equipment, our agreement would end and Id be tossed out on my ear.  The nice thing about this was that its open 24/7 so I could stop after work at 0100 and swim.

Perhaps those who are interested, if you dont have access to a pool, could possibly go that route.  Explain to the manager what you are training for and see what they say.  However, most cadets have access to the High School pool.  If you do, Trust me...JOIN THE SWIM TEAM!

Nathan

You guys have an official press release or anything we can get out to the cadets?
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: RogueLeader on October 16, 2009, 03:35:27 PM
Some things that will not change for the application is that Cadets must be at least C/SSgt, and attended encampment.  They must also pass the entry-level pt test.: 35 push-ups, 50 sit-ups, 10 sec flexed arm hang, 2 mile run in 16:30 min, and 200 meter swim in less than 10 min.  A note about the swim-  all of last years students completed the swim in less than 5 min; 7 out of the 10 students completedthe swim around 3:30.

For those who are interested, start training now.
Well it looks like I'm going to try to get to C/SSgt before this (I should have it by December or January). But that looks fun and challenging.

Wright Brothers #13915

RogueLeader

Quote from: Nathan on October 18, 2009, 09:51:50 PM
You guys have an official press release or anything we can get out to the cadets?

As thid is still a NC007 activity, we are doing a word of mounth and shout to the world type deal.  Nat'l wouldn't recogince CCOC 2010 as a NCSA, so we have to do it the hard way.  The "Offical" release was to all the staff and students from last year, with the request to send it to the ends of the world.

Quote from: Lunsford on October 18, 2009, 11:27:02 PM
[Well it looks like I'm going to try to get to C/SSgt before this (I should have it by December or January). But that looks fun and challenging.

Congrats, and good luck with your goal of making C/SSgt.  This will most likely be the toughest course in CAP; including PJOC.  As such we require that all students be at least 15, and a physical cat 1.

There are no exceptions to this rule; it is for the cadets protection.  We are doing very high intensity training that some in the military do not get.  We were incredably pleased that the only injury was a self-inflicted fingure cut that got infected.

We take safety VERY serioulsy, and we do not take unnesesary risk.  We have some of the tightest controls to keep everybody safe.

Just ask a graduate . . . ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

C/MSgt Lunsford

Looks good. I just have to get in to shape. That is my biggest setback. But I am planning on either getting my Commissioning in the United States Air Force or United States Marine Corps. This should help me.

Wright Brothers #13915

Flying Pig

Quote from: Lunsford on October 20, 2009, 08:10:17 PM
Looks good. I just have to get in to shape. That is my biggest setback. But I am planning on either getting my Commissioning in the United States Air Force or United States Marine Corps. This should help me.
;D

Nothing like choosing two opposite ends of the spectrum!!!

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Flying Pig on October 21, 2009, 02:24:29 AM
;D

Well I really want to get into the AFA (Air Force Academy) but if that fails then I will resort to some Naval Academy for the USMC. But if that fails too, then OSC will be the way for me. My life is in a Bunch right now. I am starting a JROTC unit at my High School and because of I starting it, I was told that I would get position of Cadet Commander. Of course I am happy to hear that, but it is going to be alot of stess and alot of responsibility. Only God will be able to help me with this... ;)

Wright Brothers #13915

RogueLeader

For all of you that are hoping to apply.  The details of the application process are being ironed out to ensure quality control and maximum exposure.

The part that people that have the most trouble is the two-mile run.  At the in-processing, you are doing the PT Test in the afternoon.  If you are prepared and hydrated, it is not a problem.

Start training now, and you will not have a problem.
Keep up the hard work.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Flying Pig

Quote from: Lunsford on October 21, 2009, 04:12:09 AM
Quote from: Flying Pig on October 21, 2009, 02:24:29 AM
;D

Well I really want to get into the AFA (Air Force Academy) but if that fails then I will resort to some Naval Academy for the USMC. But if that fails too, then OSC will be the way for me. My life is in a Bunch right now. I am starting a JROTC unit at my High School and because of I starting it, I was told that I would get position of Cadet Commander. Of course I am happy to hear that, but it is going to be alot of stess and alot of responsibility. Only God will be able to help me with this... ;)

So if you cant make into the AFA, you'll resort to being a Marine Officer?  :o  Nice, make sure your tell you D.I. that at Quantico! ;D

Spike

RogueLeader

Please stay on topic, and take to pm.

RL
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

The application proceedures have been finalized and posted to the website.  I have also attached the memo.

Please distribute as wide as possible.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

LTC Don

This should be an appropriate place to post this link - a video compiled from last year's CCOC activity.  Very well done!  :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5hjGxa5Qxk

Cheers,
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

RogueLeader

I was going to post it, but I cant do youtube from my work computer (army). . . .

They will have a blast.  I assure you.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

davidsinn

The PT requirements are not listed on the CCOC website. You might want to add that.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

RogueLeader

Quote from: davidsinn on December 30, 2009, 06:13:01 PM
The PT requirements are not listed on the CCOC website. You might want to add that.

Its a file on the left labled "PT-Test Worksheet."  It has all the instructions on how the test is to be administered.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

LTC Don

Very cool vid.  8)  Were those full-auto capable M16s or AR-15s?  I presume they were shooting 5.56?  How many rounds were they issued, and what was the distance on the range?  Did anybody win a prize for most rounds on target?

Cheers,
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

davidsinn

Quote from: RogueLeader on December 30, 2009, 10:23:23 PM

Its a file on the left labled "PT-Test Worksheet."  It has all the instructions on how the test is to be administered.

Huh. I swear that was not there earlier  :-[ :D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

RogueLeader

Quote from: LTC Don on December 31, 2009, 12:38:56 AM
Very cool vid.  8)  Were those full-auto capable M16s or AR-15s?  I presume they were shooting 5.56?  How many rounds were they issued, and what was the distance on the range?  Did anybody win a prize for most rounds on target?

Cheers,

The m-16s were A2's so only s-s-b.  I don't know what the HKs were, but they were all 5.56 NATO.  I think that they were isued 180rds apeice. for zero and qual.  It was a standard army qual range, so 50-300 meters.  Nope, we may try for something this year, but no definates. . .

Quote from: davidsinn on December 31, 2009, 01:07:56 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on December 30, 2009, 10:23:23 PM

Huh. I swear that was not there earlier  :-[ :D

I find your lack of faith disturbing. . .

I can assure you that it was.  I verified beforehand.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Stonewall

Quote from: RogueLeader on December 31, 2009, 10:34:27 PMI don't know what the HKs were, but they were all 5.56 NATO. 

It was a 12" HK 416 with an AN/PEQ-15.

HK 416 on Discovery's "Future Weapons".
Serving since 1987.

davidsinn

Quote from: Stonewall on January 01, 2010, 12:19:06 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on December 31, 2009, 10:34:27 PMI don't know what the HKs were, but they were all 5.56 NATO. 

It was a 12" HK 416 with an AN/PEQ-15.

HK 416 on Discovery's "Future Weapons".

Looks like an AR and an MP5 got together and had a few too many drinks..... ;D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Gunner C

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: RogueLeader on December 30, 2009, 11:16:35 PM
Heres another video from CCOC 2009.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1W8onNIS5A&NR=1
Any way to get the video on a standalone?  I can't get youtube at work......

RogueLeader

I'll ask around.  I don't have it, or make it. . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

To all the applicants:  Please ensure that you have all the gear specified on the packing list.  This year, we are reducing the gear ammount that you are required to bring.  However, we, as staff, should not have to worry about is if you have the right color of socks per 39-1. 

If you have questions about gear, or if you are having trouble getting if; let us know, we can likely help.   ;)

Seriously, if you have questions or concerns; please let us know, and we will be glad to assist you.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

This year, we are already geting more interest from around the country.  We should have quite a good class this year.  As always, the Cadre will be outstanding.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

The application frame has opened as of yesterday, and  already have recieved one application.  Can't wait for more.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

One item that I failed to mention is the fact that we are providing all the special gear that was required last year.  We took the recommendations of the cadets and made the course even better.  All students need to show up is with their luggage.  If there are any questions, please feel free to ask, and I'll do what I can to help.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

We are almost half way into the application time fram, and have yet to recieve many applications.  Please pass the word around to your units. 

We already have most of the big items, and many of the small as well, locked down into our schedule.  This will be even better training than last year.   ;)  and that's sayin something. . . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340