Milestone Tests now online

Started by RogueLeader, March 04, 2016, 11:01:49 PM

kwe1009

Quote from: Anthony@CAP on March 08, 2016, 04:27:32 AM
So, based on the guide for the online milestone test (which is a link on the side of the online version of the announcement - took a little bit to locate it). I believe the way it will work is the cadet will go into the LMS and when they click the start button it will prompt for the Testing Officer to enter their CAP ID and password to permit the cadet to start the test.

It would be great if someone could confirm this. I actually think this will be better than putting a cadet on a list since it required actually intervening to permit the start of the test in person (making it hard to bend the rules).

The guide can be found in the document links on the right side of the announcement here: http://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/?cadet_milestone_exams_now_online&show=entry&blogID=1704

I can confirm that is the way this process works.

There is a bug in the Wright Brothers test.  Once the cadet passes the leadership portion of the test, it automatically goes over to the pending for promotion status without giving an opportunity for them to take the required drill tests.  NHQ is aware of this and they are working on a fix, but in the short term we will have to wait to promote until after the drill tests are administered.

CAPDCCMOM

Are the Tests timed? If I am not mistaken, a Testing Officer or Assistant mus t physically proctor, correct?

wacapgh

http://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/?cadet_milestone_exams_now_online&show=entry&blogID=1704

The new online milestones are designed to be administered at the unit, during a meeting, and overseen by a testing officer. The exam cannot be opened without a testing officer entering their CAPID and eServices password as a security measure. They remain timed, closed-book exams.

CAPDCCMOM

Just reviewed CAPR 52-16. Wright Bros is not a timed test. However the other Milestones are. Has his changed.

CAPR 52-16, 5-4 Protocols for Exams

FalconHatTrick

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on March 08, 2016, 09:37:24 PM
Just reviewed CAPR 52-16. Wright Bros is not a timed test. However the other Milestones are. Has his changed.

CAPR 52-16, 5-4 Protocols for Exams

I don't think anything has changed.  Updated Testing Officer Quick Reference (March 2016), still states, Wright Brothers Exam is still untimed.

If anyone tries the online testing, please report back with lessons learned. I'm curious if it is easier said than done.
Maj, CAP
Former C/Lt Col
ATP/CFI/CFII
LR-JET/DA-50

tkelley004

We did a Wright Brothers last month, worked well, only one bug, it showed the leadership as passed and posted the written score, without the drill being taken. Will have to keep an eye on that and ensure the cadet passes the drill test before you promote them.
Tim Kelley, Lt Col, CAP
Bellingham Composite Squadron
Retired USAF SMSgt

RogueLeader

Quote from: tkelley004 on March 30, 2016, 06:35:04 PM
We did a Wright Brothers last month, worked well, only one bug, it showed the leadership as passed and posted the written score, without the drill being taken. Will have to keep an eye on that and ensure the cadet passes the drill test before you promote them.

Thanks for the update on that.  I appreciate it.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: RogueLeader on March 30, 2016, 06:40:25 PM
Quote from: tkelley004 on March 30, 2016, 06:35:04 PM

Thanks for the update on that.  I appreciate it.

Had our first online WBA a week ago. Posted the % score, and then I still had to fill the drill manually after it was done, so it's fixed.