Volunteer-Only Attitude in Cadets

Started by Archer, July 31, 2013, 07:30:30 AM

lordmonar

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on September 07, 2013, 05:37:43 PM
Yes, I understand that it is required.  That is why I have a white aviator shirt in my closet. I am in compliance.  Yet all that I have ever worn is the golf shirt and flight suit.  They get the job done.  On your hypothetical one day a year that a commander wants to make an arbitrary decision that he wants everyone to wear the same uniform, which uniform would he so designate to be worn?    Would it be the blues or the whites?  As they both meet the requirement of 39-1 of the basic uniform and a member must have one or the other but is not required to have both; not all members would be in the same uniform anyway.  Get it?  So again, what productive purpose does it serve?  The logical and intelligent answer is none.   

And what AD does is irrelevant.  We are not AD military or even reserve or even national guard.  We are civilians.
Well.....now you are making a different argument.

AD or civilians.....makes no difference.   Want to join get a USAF short sleeve uniform or White Aviator combo.......or don't join.

The USAF vs Corp uniform argument is something completely different.....The point is that we all must maintain a basic uniform combo......so IF we ever were told to be (almost) the same we could be.  That is the purpose of the basic uniform requirement.

As you said before.......anything that can be done in the Polo shirt can be done in the required basic uniform.....so it is your choice to wear another uniform and maintain a "useless" uniform......not CAP's.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP