Blaming younger cadets for being late

Started by Nathan, June 24, 2012, 01:47:45 PM

Critical AOA

Quote from: AngelWings on July 19, 2012, 11:23:41 PM
Some leadership trains their cadets that saying anything other than that is unacceptable and that saying no excuse is the only correct answer. It's the leadership training cadets to make them not have an answer so things go by quicker, so the cadet feels like they did something bad, and so the leadership doesn't have to do anything.

That is pretty lame and I am reluctant to use the term leadership in referring to those who train cadets in that fashion.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

AngelWings

Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on July 19, 2012, 11:36:12 PM
Some leadership trains their cadets that saying anything other than that is unacceptable and that saying no excuse is the only correct answer. It's the leadership training cadets to make them not have an answer so things go by quicker, so the cadet feels like they did something bad, and so the leadership doesn't have to do anything.

That is pretty lame and I am reluctant to use the term leadership in referring to those who train cadets in that fashion.
I use it in the most loosest sense. I've witnessed it before, and then heard talks about it.

Critical AOA

Quote from: AngelWings on July 19, 2012, 11:47:44 PM
Quote from: David Vandenbroeck on July 19, 2012, 11:36:12 PM

I use it in the most loosest sense. I've witnessed it before, and then heard talks about it.

Understood.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw