Main Menu

Attendance Log Forms?

Started by hfriday, January 03, 2019, 02:40:31 PM

hfriday

My squadron's personnel and administrative officer has departed CAP, and I have volunteered to handle the meeting attendance log until a full-time replacement for his tasks can be found.

We have been taking attendance at meetings on a form titled Attendance Log, with the CAP logo in the upper left, a list of personnel right in the middle for signing in, and a space below to sign in any guests present. Our roster needs updating. A Google search has not produced an empty form of this document to download and fill in, so I was wondering if someone might direct me to it?

Thanks as always for the guidance!

Spam

Hi hfriday.

Lucky you - eServices can print you a pre filled out attendance log every week which they can initial.

Go to Reports > Modules > Member Reports and in the pull down menu pick "Attendance Log". You can choose your pick of formats also.

https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.MemberReports.Web/Modules/MemberReports.aspx

Happy new years!
Spam

hfriday

Beauteeeful - thank you much!

Happy 2019, Spam!

Hal

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

hfriday

Hmm. I wish there was a way to do submit one form for a meeting attendance and have the computer update the individual member records with that information, like the software we have at the high school I teach at, instead of uploading attendance for each individual member. That will take me a good chunk of every meeting.

Also, are we expected to go into our paper attendance records and record all of that back-logged attendance information in this online system? That would be a pretty tedious task.

Thanks as always for the knowledge, Eclipse!

Hal

jeders

Quote from: hfriday on January 03, 2019, 05:23:21 PM
Hmm. I wish there was a way to do submit one form for a meeting attendance and have the computer update the individual member records with that information, like the software we have at the high school I teach at, instead of uploading attendance for each individual member. That will take me a good chunk of every meeting.

Also, are we expected to go into our paper attendance records and record all of that back-logged attendance information in this online system? That would be a pretty tedious task.

Thanks as always for the knowledge, Eclipse!

Hal

It is one form for a meeting. As for past records, keep the paper until the rules say destroy it, then destroy it. Don't waste your time updating all of those meetings.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

Quote from: jeders on January 03, 2019, 05:41:00 PM
It is one form for a meeting. As for past records, keep the paper until the rules say destroy it, then destroy it. Don't waste your time updating all of those meetings.

I disagree on both points.

eServices tracks everything and that becomes a record of a given members activities.

You should absolutely back-fill at least a year, which would be relevent to promotions, outside activities, etc.

Paper records are not required if you're doing it online, and yes, the individual members' records are updated
when you use the eservices module.

Paper attendance logs are dead trees no one will ever look at again and which cannot be searched or accessed online.

Ex:  "Cadet Bago wants to be C/CC, but I think his attendance is spotty.  How often has he missed meetings in the last year?"

"No idea, we could check the records next meeting, but only Johnson has the key, and he's in FLA for the winter."

or...

You just look in eServices under their name.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Actually, from when I was entering attendance in Eservices, the default "Present" is checked for everyone. All you do is change it for the few who are absent. It typically took more time to get into the module than to update it, but I had a small unit.