WI/IL Encampment 2011

Started by mclarke, April 25, 2011, 02:40:13 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on April 26, 2011, 02:13:43 PM
I say again....what makes it a "joint" as opposed to an encampment where two or more wings are invited?

Formal agreement between the respective wing commanders, DCPs, and state directors regarding the distribution of
responsibility, authority, and financial risk, none of which are trivial in large activities.  Referring to an activity as "joint"
spreads the credit and the blame around between those parties who have formally agreed to participate.

Many will feel it's just semantics, those ground-level involved in turning the wrenches and writing the checks, won't,
especially if something doesn't turn out as planned.

"That Others May Zoom"

Starlock

I attended 2010 ILWG Summer as an ATS cadet, but this year I will be staffing at MOWG... Both are great programs.

Bluelakes 13

As the ILWG Summer Encampment PAO, I was going to elaborate, but Bob beat me to it.

It's a formal joint encampment if the planning, finances, and command are shared among the two wings.  This has not been decided yet as the details are still being worked out.  I should know more this weekend as the Encampment Commander is on staff of my activity.