Main Menu

2007 CTWG Encampment

Started by 1st Lt Provost, November 30, 2006, 06:43:50 PM

1st Lt Provost

Attention to the Civil Air Patrol community at large:

At an interview board on 29NOV06, the Cadet and Senior Executive Staff for the 2007 CTWG Encampment to be held at Camp Rell in Niantic, CT from 29JUN07-07JUL07 were selected and finalized.  Listed below are the positions and contact information of the staff.

Encampment Commander- MAJ William J. Flynn, CAP
                                           Bill@ecincorporated.com

Deputy Commander-          LTC Roger N. Provost, CAP
                                           roger_n_provost@sbcglobal.net

Commandant of Cadets-    CPT Meghan Brownell, CAP
                                           LilSproutjr@aol.com

Cadet Commander-            C/1LT Joseph R. Provost, CAP
                                           FreemasonryLight@gmail.com
                                           (860)774-8619(h)
                                           (860)457-8083(c)

Deputy Commander-          C/MAJ Joseph O. Trujillo, CAP
                                           Fearlessleader01@military.com

Executive Officer-               C/CPT Adam L. Trujillo, CAP
                                           truj18@yahoo.com

Applications for Command and Support Staff need to be turned into CTWG HQ with $100.00 check attached NLT 03JAN07.  Interviews for Command and Support Staff will take place towards the end of January.  The exact date will be announced as soon as the details become available.  Applications for Basic Cadets need to be turned into CTWG HQ NLT 02MAY07 with $100.00 check attached to be fully considered for encampment attendance.

Applicants who are selected to be on staff are informed that there will be Required Staff Training that is mandatory, and if selected are obligated to attend.  In addition, there will be other training days designated by the Commandant of Cadets and the Cadet Commander which are not considered NHQ RST training, but will be required to attend as a staff member.

The 2007 CTWG Encampment Executive Staff solicits all CAP Members, cadets and officers alike, to attend this years encampment, regardless what Wing one belongs to.  However, all applications must have your Squadron/Group/Wing Commander's signature affixed and $100.00 check attached by the aforementioned deadline, or your application will be rejected.  The required forms and documentation can be found at www.ctwg.cap.gov for your convenience.

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to contact any of the above staff members who will be more than happy to assist you.  We look forward to having a successful encampment, and anticipate seeing you at the 2007 CTWG Encampment!

C/1LT Joseph R. Provost, CAP
Cadet Commander
2007 CTWG Encampment
1ST LT JOSEPH R PROVOST, CAP
CADET PROGRAMS OFFICER
LEADERSHIP OFFICER
EMERGENCY SERVICES OFFICER
DANIELSON CADET SQUADRON

1st Lt Provost

Attention to the Civil Air Patrol community at large:

The Executive Staff of the 2007 CTWG Encampment have made some revisions, and specific dates have been set for your perusal.

7FEB07- Staff applications need to be turned into CTWG HQ with $100.00 check attached for consideration.

28FEB07- Cadet Staff Interviews

30APR07- This is the latest date a Cadet may join CAP to be able to go to the CTWG Encampment.

6JUN07- Basic Cadet Applications due with $100.00 check attached. Note that this is the LATEST that applications will be accepted. The earliest they will start to be accepted is 7MAR07.

We hope you apply to be a staff member or a basic cadet at this years encampment, as we assure in in advance it will be filled with learning, fun, and some things we can't tell you, because we want don't want to spoil the surprise yet!

For all future communication, please see above contact information of Encampment Commander, MAJ William J. Flynn, CAP who's e-mail address is Bill@ecincorporated.com

Thank you, and look forward to working or training with you at the 2007 CTWG Encampment!

C/1LT Joseph R. Provost, CAP
Cadet Commander
2007 CTWG Encampment
CADET PROGRAMS OFFICER
LEADERSHIP OFFICER
DANIELSON CADET SQUADRON

Jolt

I read the first post and I flipped when I saw the staff application due dates.  Now my blood pressure's back to normal after reading the second post. :o

1st Lt Provost

Good afternoon.

I just wanted to inform the CAPTalk community that the 2007 CTWG Encampment Staff has been finalized except for two Flight Sergeant positions.  If you are interested in serving as a Flight Sergeant, please contact the Cadet Commander, myself, C/1LT Provost, as soon as possible.  I can be reached at 860-774-8619 or 860-457-8083 or FreemasonryLight@gmail.com  I look forward to working with all of the selected staff and all the Basic Cadets this summer as I serve my last year as a cadet serving you as Cadet Commander.
CADET PROGRAMS OFFICER
LEADERSHIP OFFICER
DANIELSON CADET SQUADRON

flyguy06

Hold on. The Cadet Commander is a c/1 LT and the Dep Commander is a C/MAJ? WHats up with that?

Psicorp

Quote from: flyguy06 on March 29, 2007, 08:53:38 PM
Hold on. The Cadet Commander is a c/1 LT and the Dep Commander is a C/MAJ? WHats up with that?

At a guess...the C/1st LT will be turning 21 this year and the C/Major won't be.  There is still plenty of time for the C/1st LT to make at least C/Captain if not C/Major by the Encampment date.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Jolt

Yes about the C/CC turning 21 this year, the C/CD is only maybe 17.  There's not a chance the C/1st Lt will be a C/Maj by the start of the encampment.  I doubt he'll even be a C/Capt, but maybe.

1st Lt Provost

Well, you'd rather hear from the "horses mouth", so here goes.

I am the Cadet Commander, and am 20, turning 21 this year, on that you are correct.  I will definitely be a Cadet Captain by Encampment.  There are a few reasons that I am Cadet Commander over a Cadet Major.  First, I have way more Encampment Command Staff Experience, I have 8 Encampments behind me.  Of those I was Most Improved Cadet Basic year, Honor Support Staff, Outstanding First Sergeant, and Outstanding Squadron Commander.  Second, my age is in proportion to my maturity.  I am an Airman First Class with the Air National Guard.  I've been through BMT and Tech Training to be a Command Post Controller with the USAF.  I know my stuff, inside of CAP, the military and out.  Third, I will be turning 21 this year, and have been afforded the chance to finish off my CAP Cadet Career as the Encampment Cadet Commander.

Thank you all for your interest, and hope to get two more Flight Sergeants from those of you who are willing out in the CAP "atmosphere".  Thank you all again, and will see you at the 2007 CTWG Encampment.

JOSEPH R PROVOST, C/1LT, CAP
CADET COMMANDER
2007 CTWG ENCAMPMENT
CADET PROGRAMS OFFICER
LEADERSHIP OFFICER
DANIELSON CADET SQUADRON

afgeo4

Sounds like a well-qualified C/1st Lt to me.

Is there a cut-off date for officer applications?
GEORGE LURYE

1st Lt Provost

Sir, just send your inquiry to the Deputy Commander, LTC Roger Provost at roger_n_provost@sbcglobal.net and he can direct you from there.

JOSEPH R PROVOST, C/1LT, CAP
CADET COMMANDER
2007 CTWG ENCAMPMENT
CADET PROGRAMS OFFICER
LEADERSHIP OFFICER
DANIELSON CADET SQUADRON

afgeo4

I'm thinking my bosses (Majs Schindler) might make me go.
GEORGE LURYE

1st Lt Provost

I know the Schildler's very well, it might be ought of you to go!  MAJ Schindler was my Encampment Commander my Basic Year as a cadet, it was a good year.  However, since he left our wing, many changes have happened, we've been privy to many different opportunities for both the Cadets and Officers throughout the week.  Well, I don't want to spoil the surprise!  Hope to see you on board, and let the Schildler's know we said hi, and thank you for the referral.
CADET PROGRAMS OFFICER
LEADERSHIP OFFICER
DANIELSON CADET SQUADRON