cac

Started by cadetcadet, October 31, 2018, 09:00:36 PM

cadetcadet

hi i am a cadet airman does anyone know who the cadet advisory council people are for my squadron wing and region and nationally?  i see someone with a blue cord here but i dont know what it means or if he is supposed to wear it thanks

Eclipse

Blue is Region.

CAPM 39-1, Page: 102
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/M391_E6F33EAAEC28A.pdf
9.3.1. Cadet Advisory Council. Current, primary members of the cadet advisory council at each
echelon may wear shoulder cords in the following colors:

9.3.1.1. Gold – primary members of the National Cadet Advisory Council (CAC),
9.3.1.2. Blue – primary members of Region CACs,
9.3.1.3. Red – primary members of Wing CACs, and
9.3.1.4. Kelly Green – primary members of group CACs.

http://cawgcadets.org/wp/?page_id=2022

https://www.facebook.com/capncac/

"That Others May Zoom"

Capmonkey

As stated, blue is Region. He/she is either a Region CAC officer or Primary representative.

Eclipse

Only the primary representative at each echelon wears a cord, not the rest of the council.

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Colin on October 31, 2018, 09:00:36 PM
hi i am a cadet airman does anyone know who the cadet advisory council people are for my squadron wing and region and nationally?  i see someone with a blue cord here but i dont know what it means or if he is supposed to wear it thanks

These aren't names most people on here will know.

These aren't names people should be sharing on a public social media forum.

Why don't you ask the person at your unit who's wearing the blue cord?

Capmonkey

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on November 01, 2018, 03:44:36 PM
Quote from: Colin on October 31, 2018, 09:00:36 PM

These aren't names most people on here will know.

These aren't names people should be sharing on a public social media forum.

Why don't you ask the person at your unit who's wearing the blue cord?

Agreed.

Eclipse

Why would the names of CAC members be secret.  CAWG posts them as is indicated in the link provided.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Even if the names of CAC members should not be a secret, asking for their names in this forum is the last step anyone should take.

1) There are many hundreds of CAC members all through the US.
2) There is an easier way. As it was suggested by another member, asking their Chain of Command. Going to the Group or Wing online info.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on November 01, 2018, 04:37:32 PM
Even if the names of CAC members should not be a secret, asking for their names in this forum is the last step anyone should take.

Can't argue that. It must be a symptom of the use of Social Commercial media that it seems easier
to ask questions here (or similar) then just to ask the local staff.

"That Others May Zoom"

Capmonkey

Agreed. The cadet could ask his chain of command, or even go to his WCAC meeting. That's a shocking thought...

i_am_a_politician

Quote from: Eclipse on November 01, 2018, 02:00:10 PM
Only the primary representative at each echelon wears a cord, not the rest of the council.

Actually, I believe they changed it to allow officers and reps to wear them in the latest version of CAPR 60-1.
1st Lt Politician

Eclipse

Interesting - another place one reg argues with another.
CAPR 60-1, Page 34
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/CAPR_601__Cadet_Program_Management__36D2A228D5925.pdf

"7.7. Awards. During their term of office, primary representatives and CAC officers may wear a shoulder
cord (see Table 7.1). Shoulder cords must be of the same style and shade as that stocked for CAP by
Vanguard. Upon successful completion of their term of office, primary representatives and CAC officers
may wear the CAC ribbon, with the echelon commander's approval."

Of course 39-1 asserts that it is the sole authority on uniform wear, so...    ::)

"That Others May Zoom"

Capmonkey

i_am_a_politician

Quote from: Eclipse on November 01, 2018, 07:27:44 PM
Interesting - another place one reg argues with another.
CAPR 60-1, Page 34
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/CAPR_601__Cadet_Program_Management__36D2A228D5925.pdf

"7.7. Awards. During their term of office, primary representatives and CAC officers may wear a shoulder
cord (see Table 7.1). Shoulder cords must be of the same style and shade as that stocked for CAP by
Vanguard. Upon successful completion of their term of office, primary representatives and CAC officers
may wear the CAC ribbon, with the echelon commander's approval."

Of course 39-1 asserts that it is the sole authority on uniform wear, so...    ::)

If I may, I read that "primary members" may wear it, which includes officers since they are members (unless you have assistant recorders/vice chairs, who do not wear any cords at all).
1st Lt Politician

Eclipse

As written, that sentence serves only to confuse, and doesn't change anything from 39-1.

An echelon can only appoint one (1) "primary" representative, and only the primaries
can serve in the various positions a CAC would have, regardless of echelon, so there are no
"officers" (i.e. CAC staff jobs) that aren't also the primary from a respective unit or echelon.

CAPR 60-1 is clear that Assistant Reps' only function is to serve in the stead of an absent primary.

So there's no change, just a clunky sentence that should have been reviewed before publication.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on November 02, 2018, 01:10:22 AM
An echelon can only appoint one (1) "primary" representative, and only the primaries
can serve in the various positions a CAC would have, regardless of echelon, so there are no
"officers" (i.e. CAC staff jobs) that aren't also the primary from a respective unit or echelon.

It's not only possible, but preferred (as of the latest 60-1) to have "officers" who are not also serving as representatives at another level.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

Quote from: jeders on November 02, 2018, 01:14:27 AM

It's not only possible, but preferred (as of the latest 60-1) to have "officers" who are not also serving as representatives at another level.

They can't serve anywhere unless they are the primary from a unit or echelon.
Primaries are already, and the only, CAC cadets who wear a cord.

The verbiage you're referring to instructs that the best practice is to have multiple cadets
serving in various roles instead of doubling up.  IOW, and as written, the Wing chair should not
be the rep for the Region council.

I don't necessarily agree with that, but it does open up more CAC opportunities in theory.

It also doesn't change who wears the cord (or receives the ribbon).

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Eclipse on November 02, 2018, 01:21:07 AM
Quote from: jeders on November 02, 2018, 01:14:27 AM

They can't serve anywhere unless they are the primary from a unit or echelon.
Primaries are already, and the only, CAC cadets who wear a cord.
As you are so fond of saying, cite please

QuoteThe verbiage you're referring to instructs that the best practice is to have multiple cadets
serving in various roles instead of doubling up.  IOW, and as written, the Wing chair should not
be the rep for the Region council.

It also says nothing about requiring the chair, vice-chair, or recorder to otherwise be representatives. In fact, the NCAC chair and vice chair are open to any and all Eaker recipients who will not be 21 before the end of the term. IOW, the wing chair need not be a rep from the group/squadron level.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

You can't serve on a CAC, at any level, without being an approved rep to that level, even NHQ.

There are only "primaries" and "assistants" - no ad hoc participation.

Primary reps are already allowed to wear the cord of their level, regardless of whether they
hold an office on that respective CAC.

Assistant reps, per 60-1, have no function except to fill-in when the primary cannot participate.

"7.3.4. Role of Assistant Representatives. Assistant representatives have no vote, unless the primary
representative is absent. Assistants should participate in all CAC meetings, if feasible."

Ergo, the only cadets eligible to be a "CAC Officer" (Chair, Vice, Recorder), are already wearing cords.

And no, assistant reps can't be s/elected as the Chair, Vice-Chair or Recorder, that would be ridiculous.

"That Others May Zoom"

Capmonkey

Quote from: Capmonkey on November 02, 2018, 12:57:57 PM
And no, assistant reps can't be s/elected as the Chair, Vice-Chair or Recorder, that would be ridiculous.

Says who? It happens all the time. NCAC even allows assistant representatives to hold positions. For example, the Recorder for this term is an ASSISTANT. Respectfully, you may wanna check this fact/opinion.