406 MHz Briefing

Started by Stonewall, January 15, 2009, 02:13:02 AM

Stonewall

Was just tasked to give a 45 minute briefing on the the conversion to the 406 MHz ELT and how CAP plans to execute its mission from this point on.

Besides the article in the Volunteer, does anyone have anything put together to explain the change?

I'm planning to spend about 2 hrs at work tomorrow building a powerpoint presentation and am not afraid to ask for help and I can plagarise like a mad man.

Any help would be appreciated.
Serving since 1987.

wingnut55

AFRCC, Coast Guard Web site, Nasa web site.

or go here for all your needs

http://www.cap-es.net/

JoeTomasone

Stonewall

Thanks.  My home computer is down so I'm doing this from my blackberry; just wanted to get the ball rolling before I get into work tomorrow morning.
Serving since 1987.

SSIAJ

Hope this is not to late, but if you can get a Becker manual it has enough stuff in it to confuse a group for at least 20 minutes.

Stonewall

All went well.  Had some help from Joe Tomasone and about 2 hours of research before putting together a 15 slide presentation, with pictures of course.  Audience included cadets and longtime seniors alike.  Even had a couple perspective members so it was good that I included some of the basics.

I was asked to talk for 45 minutes but when I first started my research I couldn't see spending more than 20 minutes because it really is so simple.  It took me just under 20 minutes and I felt like I had a good pace, not too slow, not too fast.  Even had a handout.

RocketPropelled sent me a copy of his brief (28 slides) which was awesome.  I seriously would have plagiarized that whole thing if he had sent it to me in time  :clap:  I got it as I left the squadron.

All good though.  I love teaching because I end up learning more than I thought possible.
Serving since 1987.

MikeD