Main Menu

ADIS SQTR

Started by SARDOC, September 12, 2011, 02:44:43 AM

SARDOC

Does anyone out there happen to know what the status is of the ADIS SQTR?  It is not available in OPSQUALS.  Is it undergoing revision or are they doing away with it?  I found a paper copy via Google but I'm not sure how legit it is.  Even if you did it you can't enter it into OPSQUALS.  Thanks

JC004

Be careful with what you find on Google. 

By that, I mostly mean things on the CAP national website.

Actually, ALL MEMBERS should be aware of this issue.  Basically, there is a lot of old content that I've been finding (outdated publications, etc.) that were never removed from the National site entirely (even though the links have changed). 

When you search for something on a search engine and get a result (like a regulation PDF) on the National website, DOUBLE CHECK IT TO MAKE SURE IT IS CURRENT.

SARDOC

I agree.  That's why I was soliciting to see if anyone knew.  Thanks for the info.  With 86 views and not even hearing rumors I'm guessing either nobody knows ar it happened very recently.

JC004

Yeah, I'm sorry that I don't know specifically on this, but I thought it was a good time to bring that up.  I've been finding things myself or had people working off old things because they did a search. 

starshippe

. . the adis functions have been included in the airborne photographer quals. check the ap sqtrs and i think u will find what u r looking for.

. . personally i liked it better the way it was, because now u dont know if someone with an ap designation was qualified under the previous or current system. we just made ap a prerequisite for adis, that seemed to work just fine.

. . spring for a copy of robogeo if u can, and download a copy of gpsbabel. they have a free copy of robogeo u can get that will work just fine for practice. it just inserts random errors in the position info.

. . in addition to the obvious need for a digital camera that u can get the pictures out of, u will need a gps with a tracklog that u can transfer into robogeo. garmin gps's are good as their files are already in gpx format, which is required. gpsbabel will convert any format to any format so u can use it if u have another type of gps. we frequently use the gps track log from delorme street maps. my personal gps is the garmin foretrex 401.

. . during our sarex last weekend i took pics with a 70-300 mm stabilized lens. i am amazed at the picture clarity, taken at full magnification, from an aircraft. they are posted on mission 11t7219, but i am not sure if non-georgia folks can peruse these or not.

good luck,
bill

Eclipse

I so missed your "unique" style of posting...

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on September 14, 2011, 10:45:55 PM
I so missed your "unique" annoying style of posting...

FTFY.  8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret